CH 46 - "I'm Going To Find Him"

He squeezed the pocket watch tight and looked around. This was the same room where he had wrestled Draco for his wand. But Draco wasn't here now, and he wasn't sure whether he was glad for that or not. He counted ten people in the circle. They were watching him closely, he could tell, waiting for him to make a move. He could feel his wand in his back pocket but he knew as soon as he reached for it they would take it from him. He needed to be as careful as possible.

"Who are you?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

"Just a group of people seeking revenge and retribution," said one.

"Our families, our friends, our leader, all of their deaths need to be justified," said another.

"If only you had been taken care of years ago-"

"You mean murdered? That's what you're planning isn't it?"

"Retribution," the first said again. They moved from their spot and slowly circled around him but he didn't dare draw his wand yet. "So what to do with you? And not only you, of course. Let's not forget your dear Draco Malfoy. We had hoped he would have jumped at the chance we gave him for redemption."

"Don't you dare even think about touching him," Harry growled.

"Oh, we will, but you won't be around to see it. He won't be able to find you here. No one will."

***

He wasn't sure how long he had been laying on the floor, drifting in and out of consciousness. The heavy smell of blood was making him nauseous and he was on the verge of blacking out when he heard a knock on the door. He couldn't call out and he hoped whoever was out there would hear the sink still running and want to get in. The knocking continued and he heard Aberforth Dumbledore call out.

"Is someone in there?" He knocked again, and Draco heard him once more. "Alohomora." The lock clicked and the door swung open into his knee. "Malfoy!" Aberforth slowly inched the door open enough to where he could slide in. "Finite Incantatem!" said the man and Draco instantly felt his body relax as the spell wore off. He tried to sit up, but his head spun and he leaned back on the floor.

"Take it slowly," Aberforth said. He got a cloth and ran it under the cold water and held it to Draco's chin.

"I don't know what happened," he said. His thoughts were swimming and he was trying to place the voice that had been in there with him.

"Did someone attack you? I came back and saw the place was empty, I figured you and Potter had followed the rest up to the castle."

"Harry's not here?" Draco yelled and Aberforth shook his head. Ignoring the dizziness, Draco stood up and ran to the front room which was completely empty. He pulled his wand from his pocket and ran up to the castle as fast as he could. He didn't see Harry anywhere and he ran to the Great Hall when he saw a flash of red hair at the Gryffindor table. He sprinted over and as soon as Ron and Hermione spotted him, they jumped up and met him halfway.

"What's happened? Why are you bleeding?"

"Is Harry with you?" he shouted, and people began to stare.

"He's not with you?" Hermione asked, and Draco's heart sank into his gut. He turned away from them and walked back into the hall and tried to think.

"Draco, what's going on?" Ron asked, following after him.

"Harry's in trouble." He recounted everything he could remember to them and they looked at each other with fear in their eyes. "I have no idea how to find him. I need to get to him, but I don't know how!" he yelled and jerked his hands through his hair, his chin throbbing.

"I do," Ron said quietly. "I know how!" He ran off towards Gryffindor tower, Draco and Hermione following on his heels.

"How?" he yelled.

"What is it?" Hermione asked when he didn't answer. They stopped at the portrait of the Fat Lady and Ron turned back to them.

"He's going to find Harry the same way I found you," he replied, and Draco could see a smile tugging at the corner of his lips before he disappeared.

"What does he mean?" he asked, turning to her.

"Some time ago, he and I were separated. I felt like I would never see him again. I didn't know where he was and he had no way to find me. And then he came back-" she began, but paused, turning back as the portrait swung out towards them.

"Using this," Ron said, sliding out. Draco turned and saw him holding up some sort of small silver torch or lighter. "We can try it here," Ron said, leading them off to a deserted corridor. "Since it belonged to Dumbledore maybe it'll work here in the castle. If not we'll just go back to Hogsmeade. While I was up there, I thought of the second part of the plan. I brought along our old D. A. coins, mine and Harry's. Once, you've found Harry, simply squeeze the coin and think about where you are, and the location will show up on this coin."

"That's brilliant, Ron! And once you leave, we'll go find McGonagall and round up some more help," Hermione said.

"Okay," Draco said, his voice cracking and he coughed but he knew they noticed. He took the coin from Ron and squeezed it tight, imagining Harry's fingers closed around it and he took a deep breath. "I'm going to find him," Draco promised.

"We know you will, mate," Ron said as he held out his hand. Draco shook it and took the Deluminator. "Don't forget about the coin and be careful." He and Hermione backed away and Draco clicked the device, hoping it would do what he needed.

"Draco," Harry's voice whispered, and a small blue light floated out and hovered near him for a moment before floating right inside his chest. He quickly spun on his heel and disapparated from the castle.