CH 25 - He Turned Away Before Anyone Could See His Affection Growing

Harry woke the next morning with a smile on his face and a note on his bedside table. He reached for his glasses and watched as Ron rolled over, a disgruntled look on his face.

"Malfoy's owl dropped that off a moment ago, right in the middle of a terrific dream," Ron yawned. It had been late when Harry had returned from Draco's room and Ron hadn't been in bed. Harry opened the note and smiled. Draco's party would be arriving around eight that morning. He checked his watch and saw that he only had about an hour to get there.

"Going to see Draco this morning?" Ron asked.

"Yeah. I'll see if I can bring Teddy around later."

"Good idea," Ron said through another yawn and Harry raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why are you so tired this morning?"

"Hermione and I were... studying pretty late," Ron said, and his ears burned to match his hair.

"Studying? Right, well I'm sure all of your homework is done then," Harry laughed as Ron groaned and rolled back over in bed. Harry tossed his blankets back and got dressed. Minutes later he sprinted down the stairs and found Hermione sitting in one of the squashy armchairs reading a book.

"Good morning, Hermione," he said as he sat on the couch facing her. "Get a lot of studying done last night?"

"Harry!" She knocked him playfully on the arm but he didn't miss her tugging her collar higher up her neck. "I certainly dont recall seeing you or Draco all night either," she said mischievously.

"I never kiss and tell, Mione." A few heads turned their way, but Harry ignored them. Ron however had just come up behind them and he thumped Harry on the back of the head.

"You don't kiss and tell? Did you guys... you know? Kiss?" Ron's eyes widened and Harry could tell some of the others were straining to hear. Hermione and Ron moved in closer and Harry smiled.

"It was unlike any kiss I've ever had in my life." He looked into the fire and remembered the heat that had instantly surged though his entire body.

"What was it like? Kissing another guy?" Ron asked quietly and Hermione elbowed him but Harry chuckled.

"I wasn't sure what to expect, I had been thinking about doing it for a few days. We kind of just held onto each other for a minute. He was strong and I could feel the muscles in his arms and back, and he smelt of aftershave. Honestly, if had been anyone else it would have been weird, but with him... It's just right. We just fit together." He smiled again and he chuckled to himself at what younger Harry would have thought about this situation. Ron and Hermione were smiling at him.

"I understand that," Ron said as he looked at Hermione who blushed and then stroked his face. He gave her a kiss and Harry left them to it, letting them know he would bring Teddy around later.

He walked quickly to the kitchen where Kreacher met him and gave him a basket of food. He knew Draco probably wouldn't be coming down into the Great Hall with his mother coming and Harry figured he wouldn't eat unless he brought something. He munched on a piece of toast on the way and when he stepped into Draco's living room, he found it empty.

"Draco?" He didn't answer but Orion muttered a soft hoot. He was sitting on the mantle of the fireplace and Harry thought of Hedwig and how much he missed her. He gently stroked Orion and was rewarded with a tender nip. "Draco?" he called again, and he sat the basket of food on the table.

"I'm in here getting dressed, I'll be out in a moment," he yelled from his bedroom. Harry looked down at his own clothes and cringed. He had put on a nice shirt, but it wasn't anything new or impressive. And his jeans and shoes were old. Draco stepped out moments later wearing a dark grey sweater, black slacks, and his signature shiny black shoes. His hair was perfectly combed and gelled and Harry ran his hands through his own wild hair and he wilted a bit.