CH 30 - Just the Two of Them Trying to Figure Out the World

Harry was just waking up when Kreacher ambled into the living room, a duster in one hand and a rag in the other.

"Good morning, Kreacher. You remember I told you that you don't have to clean. It's almost Christmas. Besides, the house is pretty much spotless as it is."

"There is always cleaning to be done, Master Harry," Kreacher said slowly. Harry turned back onto the couch and closed his eyes. Last night had been enjoyable and had eased all of the tension he had had about the holiday with Draco and his family. He thought he and Draco had done well not showing too much affection in front of Narcissa and Andromeda, but he knew they could tell it was hard for them to scale it back. He had heard Narcissa saying she hadn't seen Draco this happy in many more years than she cared to admit and it made Harry's heart soar.

Draco was supposed to come around sometime early and the two of them were going to go shopping for gifts and things to help spruce up the house. He was excited to see how Draco was going to handle the Muggle shops that Harry was more accustomed to. He rolled off the couch and put away his bed things. He hadn't felt up to sleeping in any of the rooms last night and today he was going to look for a bed for the spare room that didn't hold any emotional memories.

He changed his clothes, brushed his teeth, and was just tying his shoelaces when he heard a rustle in the fireplace and Draco stepped out looking magnificent. He had a black jacket over his favorite dark green sweater and grey slacks, his shiny black shoes finishing off the look. Harry shook his head and smiled at the handsome man that he was going to spend the day with, and whom he planned on holding hands with for the entire trip as well. He looked at his old shoes and jeans and blushed.

"I guess I'm just destined to look shabby anytime we go anywhere together."

"Harry, you look wonderful. You look like you, which is exactly how I like you." Draco leaned against the fireplace and crossed one ankle over the other and Harry smiled again, his insides warming up.

"Are you ready to head out now?"

"I am. So, Harry, how do we get where were going today?" Draco asked and he gestured at the fireplace but Harry shook his head.

"We walk," he said, and Draco raised an eyebrow but he nodded his head. Harry wrapped a scarf around his neck and pulled on his coat and gloves. He moved over to Draco and grabbed the scarf from his hands, wrapping it snugly around his neck, pulling his face down to his own. "Good morning," he said against Draco's lips. He was rewarded with a fiery kiss that set his entire body buzzing. Draco gave him one more kiss before pulling back and resting his forehead against his.

"Good morning, Harry," he smiled down at him. Harry pecked him once more on the lips before he finished tying his scarf. He stepped back and eyed him appreciatively, receiving a wink and a smirk from Draco. He laughed and grabbed his wand and they set off out the front door into the cold, crisp sunshine. They walked for a while, hand in hand, before getting on a bus and riding it into central London where there were plenty of shops.

"How long do we have to stay on this smelly bus?" Draco asked with his nose twisted up.

"Only a moment longer," Harry said as he craned his neck to look out the window. "So, what would your mother and aunt like for Christmas?" Harry had no idea what to get them.

"I'm not too sure, but if I get a good idea, I'm using it myself," Draco chuckled and Harry elbowed him playfully in the ribs. They watched as shops began to flash by and they finally arrived at their stop.

"Where should we go first? Any place jump out to you?" Harry asked as their eyes scanned over shop windows. Draco rubbed his chin and took a deep breath.