I love her too much

Silver's POV
I was laying on my bed, thinking of my mistakes, of the fear that (y/n) would never wake up... She stirred a few times but there was always the lingering possibility... And it was terrifying.

I heard the door creak open, I looked up and saw Gold walk over and sit on the chair next to my bed. He didn't look at me, "She's awake."

I sat up fast, "R-really? Fully awake?" I asked gripping the sheets between my sweaty fingers.

"Yeah, she's asking for you." He sighed. "Listen Silver, I know you want to bolt over to her right now. But I am warning you, what you did to her really damaged her heart, seeing her dead expression was more than I could handle." He put his head in his hands " She's like a sister to me, I'd do anything for her... and I...I want you to know that, as much as i hate what you did, her eyes light up in a way I've never seen when she's around you. Just....just don't screw up." Gold stood up and extended a hand to me

"I won't. I love her too much." I gripped his hand and he pulled me up from the bed. I swung my arm across his shoulders and leaned on him as we walked over to my crutch.

Gold let me go as we neared the wall, "I wish you luck."
"Thank you Gold, For everything" I smiled, it felt like my skin was cracking I hadn't smiled in so long.

When I walked into the room (y/n) was laying down, staring at the ceiling, when I opened the door the sound alerted her and she looked over at me.

Her head was wrapped in bandages as well as her arms. Her hair was pooled over the blankets (if short hair then it's just messy)

"(Y/n)! You're awake!" I smiled, relief flooding into my veins, making my muscles go weak briefly. I walked as best I could on my crutch, it wasn't too hard but it took effort. I see he try to get up from the corner of my eye I quickly refused her help, in fear of her getting hurt" No, I can handle it, you're not ready to walk."

I fell back into an armchair and rolled my shoulders, cracking my neck a few times before putting my crutch on the floor.

There was silence, my heart thumping in my ears, my dry voice croaked out

"How are you feeling?"

There was a small silence while (y/n) sat up, " I've been better, how about you?"

"I look as bad as I feel." I laughed picking at the uncomfortable fabric of the hospital issued clothing.

I heard (y/n) laugh a bit.

Silence coated the room once more.

"Slap me." I spoke

"What?" (Y/n) furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Slap me. I deserve it. After all I did to you. Don't feel guilty, it will make me feel better."

A crack broke through the air and a stinging feeling spread like fire throughout my face. "Ow."

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Silver! That was harder than I intended" (y/n)'s voice rang out in a panicked tone.

"No no. I deserved it." I waved my hand at her.

"Ok, I feel bad thoughhh"

"It's fine"

"Anyways... While you were asleep, I...I remembered something... From a long time ago... When I was a little kid." I muttered, scratching my hospital clothes once more.

"R-really?!" (Y/n) exclaimed covering her mouth in surprise.

"Yeah... (Y/n) I'm... I'm sorry I broke my promise.