Alive

-.•°•°^°•°•.-

" Hey! Silver! Wait up!! "

"Too slow y/n haha!"

Laughter echoes through the fields just outside of New Bark Town. The laughter is from two children chasing each other happily.

If feels like the fields are alive, the grass tickling their feet and almost laughing with them. The wind pushes them forward. Chasing with them.

But soon exhaustion takes over, and they lay down in the tall grass, legs burning. Lungs gasping for air as they both erupt into giggles.

They are laying at the base of a tree, an important tree. The disappearing sun filtering through it's branches and onto their flushed faces.

Soon the silence is broken,
"Hey... (Y/n)?"

" Yeah?"

" When I become a Pokemon trainer I wanna travel with you!" The young boy thrusts a fist into the air, confidence oozing off of him.

A big grin spreads across the girls face, " Really?"

" Yeah!"

" That would be the best!!!"

" Say... When we get our Pokemon, what Pokemon will you choose?"

" Hmm... Cyndaquil! It's so strong anf it's super cute!" The girl plops down again smile just as big.

" Then I'll get a Totodile!!"

" Huh, why?"

" So I have the advantage!"

The girls face contorts into an upset pout, " you are such a jerk!"

"Haha your face is all puffed up!"

"Hey!!"

They children laugh and talk until the sun is almost gone. They both need to go home, the girls parents will be worried sick.

The girl starts to walk away, but stops and turns around "... Silver?"

" Yeah (y/n)?"

" Will you promise me something?

-.•°•°^°•°•.-

The boy never returned to that tree. No matter how long (y/n) waited. Even when her mother was worried. The grass was the same, but it didn't feel the same. There was no more laughter. The fields weren't alive like before, not really.

But she still waited.

She still hoped.

Maybe he would come back,

Maybe he got lost,

He will come back

Until then,
She has her memories