The Walk

Your POV

As we walked Lyra offered me some water, which I gladly accepted.

"So, (y/n)," Lyra smirked as we walked far enough away from the boys so they weren't in view,

" Yeah?" I responded, slightly distracted looking at some Pidgey flying above," What's up?" I sipped my water.

" Well, I'm gonna be blunt. Do you have feelings for Silver?"

"WHAT??" I spit out my water. " W-what makes you think that?" I coughed

"I can see it in your eyes" she smiled at me

I like Silver...

I can't believe it

I mean I suppose I knew it but...

I just never outright said it.

" So maybe I like him an l-little bit.." that was hard to say out loud...

" A lot bit judging by the color of your face" Lyra skipped in front of me, thrusting a finger in my face.

" Wait for what?!" My hands flew up to my face in a fluster

" Hee Hee!" Lyra giggled " Sooooooo, tell me all about him!"

" Heh.. um... Well, he's kinda cold... At first, but when you get to know him he... Well, he has his own way of showing his affection."

I talked for a while about Silver to Lyra, and in turn, she told me about her adventures.

" Hey (y/n), did you hear about Team Rocket?" Lyra asked, suddenly gaining an air of seriousness.

" Uh... Aren't they that band of criminals from years ago? I remember my parents telling me about them." I responded confused as to why this was important

" Yeah.. but, they aren't from years ago, anymore. They've come back, and they are worse than ever." Lyra explained, her eyes dulling with seriousness. She looked up " I've been fighting them, with Gold sometimes, sometimes alone."

" Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked furrowing my brows in worry.
" I don't want you to fight alone."

" I don't want you to put your Pokemon in danger for me, but I don't think we have a choice...." She trailed off

" Ok! I'll help, and maybe I can convince Silver to help out too!"

" Thank you!" Lyra smiled

" Oh yeah... I forgot to tell you!" I suddenly remembered.

" What?" Lyra asked, the air of seriousness long gone.

" You know when I first met you?" I asked pressing my finger to my chin

" Yeah! You were sitting on this tree, crying. I had just moved to New Bark Town. I came over to you to ask what was wrong." She remembered.

" I told you that my friend had left, and he didn't even tell me, that I wasn't sure if he was still ok," I smiled, recalling that this was the moment that decided my friendship with Lyra.

" Yeah! Then I started crying cause you were crying!" She giggled

***
"What's wrong," asked a strange girl in a strange hat, speaking to a small girl crying into her knees sitting on the roots of a large tree.

The small girl continued to cry.

" Hey! I'm Lyra! Why are you crying."

" My-my best f-friend *sniff* left me all- all alone with... without saying *hic* goodbye or even tt-telling me!" The small girl sniffed.

Lyra came over and sat by the small girl, " that's... that's really s-sad." Lyra rubbed her eyes

" Why, why are you c-crying?"

" Because y-you is..."

***

" The best friend I told you about? That was Silver, but he doesn't remember me. At all." I sighed

"Awww, you poor girl..." Lyra hugged me.

And they continued to walk

~•~