||32||

welcome back angels

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY I LOVE YOU ALL

enjoy

---

"Seven, four, three, one."

Ashton frowned as he entered his combination for his locker, only for it to remain shut.

Calum chuckled from beside him as he cleared the books out of his own locker. The pair were amongst the hundreds of other seniors who were packing up and getting ready to leave school for good. 

"Do you seriously not remember your locker combo?"

"Yes, I do! Hang on let me try again."

The curly haired boy fiddled with the knob a second time, ignoring the judgemental stare from his friend. A few seconds later, it opened with a loud click sound.

"Hey! Success!", Ashton cheered, throwing his hands in the air.

Calum smirked. "It only took you until our graduation to figure it out."

Ashton widened his eyes as he stared at his locker. It was filled to the brim, with books, snacks, and old paper notes. 

"Shit."

The tanned boy followed his gaze and laughed.

"Bro, did you live in there or something?"

"No! I  guess I just didn't realize how much stuff I was putting in here. "I mean there are my gym clothes, old journals from the library...hey wait!", he suddenly dug to retrieve something in the back. "I've been looking for this for months!", he waved a crumpled piece of paper in the air.

Calum frowned.

"Is that the history paper we had to write like last year?"

"I only stayed up for two nights rewriting the damn thing! I thought I'd mistakingly thrown it away!"

"Ha! Unbelievable!"

Ashton smirked. "Stop laughing at me, moron."

"Stop doing things that make me laugh."

"I may have a problem with that."

Calum pulled his grey backpack off his shoulders and began to pile books inside.

"Is it weird that I'm actually gonna miss Mr. Williams' history lessons next year?"

"Um, yes. That man has never smiled a day in his life."

Calum snorted, looking for more things to take out of his locker. 

Ashton gulped, as his eyes examined his own mountain of belongings.

"Well, I should get started."

"Yes, you should. It smells like something died in there!", Calum batted his hand across his nose.

"Screw you, dick", he chuckled. As Ashton reached in to grab some old notes, he couldn't help but catch a  glance at the inside of his locker door. It had a Polaroid of him, Calum, and Michael after a basketball game in freshman year.

"Hey, Cal look at this."

Calum stopped packing and moved closer to see what it was. His eyes lighted up as he saw the old photograph. Calum hadn't seen this picture for ages, but he knew exactly what day it was, what happened and how he felt in that particular moment. To him, it felt like yesterday.

"Oh man. Weren't we like-"

"Fifteen", Ashton answered, pulling it off the door. "Shit", the boy braised his thumb over the photo. "Why was my hair so awful?"