||19||

authors note: I've changed it so they leave school in four weeks instead of two becuz i love this book and want it to be longer so yay <3

---

Calum panted heavily as he ran up to the hoop, dunking the ball in the basket. He jogged tiredly to the back of the queue of boys. They were dunking baskets non-stop. The black haired boy must have scored over forty.

"Keep moving guys! Your championship game is less than three weeks away!", Daryl, the coach exclaimed.

Ashton groaned, pushing in the queue to stand next to Calum. "Excuse you", he panted, running beside his best friend. "Dude this is whack."

"I know", Calum bent down to place his hands on his knees. "Coach is being extra hard today."

"And it's no coincidence his son isn't here. Where is he?", Ashton asked, noticing Michael wasn't in practice today.

Calum shrugged, stretching his back. "I don't know anymore Ash."

Daryl blew his whistle, walking over to the two boys. "Hood, Irwin? Did I tell you to stop?"

Ashton shook his head obediently. "No. Sorry Coach."

"Keep jogging. And less talking."

Ashton half smiled at Calum before continuing to jog in the queue.

Calum placed his hands on his hips, following the coach as he walked away.

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows, watching him.

"Hey coach", Calum spoke.

Daryl turned around. "Don't tell me you need a toilet pass Hood. You know I don't do that."

Calum snorted. "No sir. I was just wondering if you knew where Michael was."

Daryl hummed. He'd assumed Calum knew of Michael's whereabouts. They were best friends after all, right?

"Michael's running late. He'll be here soon. Keep working hard", he ordered him to go back.

Calum nodded slowly. He immediately joined the back of the queue.

"Hey cal", Scott greeted him, wiping the sweat off his face.

"How are you doing Scott?"

"I've scored 31, you?"

Calum sighed, cracking his knuckles. "Maybe 47?"

"Damn. Why aren't you joining Michael in UVA?"

The tanned boy frowned. "How did you know Michael got into UVA?"

Scott moved forward in the queue before answering. "Gossip get's around Cal."

Calum nodded. "Right."

"Apparently Michael has an induction there today, that's why he's not here."

"That explains it."

"Hey, don't worry. Apparently, UVA takes recommendations from new students."

"Really?"

Scott nodded. "I'm not sure about all of us, but I know Michael will mention you and Ash."

Calum smiled slightly. UVA was a dream to him. He had worked so hard since he picked up a basketball. Calum would be grateful for any good scholarship at this point. Time was running out, school was almost over. He had sent all of his applications and letters, the only thing left to do was wait and hope for the best. UVA seemed to far away.

"That would mean everything to me."

"Michael knows how much it means. You guys have been talking about it since you were like seven, right?"