||31||

hey ya'll !!!

ready to cry over more muke ?

---

"What about here?"

Michael watched as his Dad moved an award in his cabinet to make space for his new trophy. His last monument from high school was a basketball sat on top of a short pillar colored golden; the words: Basketball champions 2018 were imprinted at the bottom.

"Yeah. That looks perfect Dad", he smiled and crossed his arms.

Daryl grinned and stood back, admiring Michael's trophy cabinet. It was full of certificates, photos, and awards from as early as when he was seven years old through to today.

"You did it, Mike. There it is, right in front of you. Look how far you've come. I can't believe the time has flown by so fast."

"Dad", Michael said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Daryl sighed and looked at his son who was taller than him. " You don't understand, Mike. I used to watch you play outside when you were just six, shooting hoops all day long. You wouldn't come in until you had tired yourself out! And now you have grown into an amazing young man. Yesterday you showed me how good you really are. What you did for your friend Calum, letting him score, and giving him a better future. That's the boy I am proud to call my son."

The boy looked at his Dad and smirked. "Thanks, Dad. I can't believe high school is over."

"Hey. You still have one more day! Do you think us teachers want to clean those dirty lockers belonging to you kids?"

Michael chuckled. "You're right. There is that."

Daryl nodded slowly, before walking towards the door. "I was going to wait until your graduation, but I think I should give you this now."

The senior furrowed his eyebrows as his Dad went to his room, before coming back with a large cardboard box.

"Dad, what is that?"

Daryl smirked and placed it on Michael's bed.

"Only one way to find out kiddo."

The senior looked at his dad before examining the large box.

"Open it", Daryl encouraged.

"Okay", Michael carefully unsealed the box, before taking the lid off. His eyes widened in his excitement, as he saw a brand new Gibson electric guitar, colored in teal blue.

"Oh my god!", Michael exclaimed loudly, looking at his father. "What?", he whispered, looking at his dad. "You got me a guitar?!"

The older man smiled widely. "Yes. You said you liked singing, I'd figured you could learn how to play an instrument too."

Michael laughed joyfully. "Dad, this is crazy!", he said before throwing his arms around his father.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Daryl chuckled, hugging Michael tightly. "You're welcome, son."

"Oh man", Michael said as he pulled away. "I can't wait to start learning!"

"It won't take you long, you're a smart boy."

Michael shook his head as he looked at the guitar in disbelief.

"I don't believe this."

"I'm happy you like it. Shall we see if everything is prepared downstairs?"

Tonight was the night Luke had dinner with Michael's family. He was so excited.

"Yeah, let's go!"