||11||

Michael ran up to the hoop, jumping to dunk the basketball in. He groaned in annoyance as the ball bounced off the backboard.

Michael picked up the ball and dribbled it in and out of his leg before trying again.

He missed. 

The senior panted and placed his hands on his hips as he watched the ball stop to bounce in front of him.

"Someone's losing their steam."

Michael turned around to see Calum and Ashton enter the sports hall.

Michael smiled slightly. He grabbed the ball and threw it at Calum who swiftly caught it.

"Show me how it's done, Hood." 

"No Michael, I will!", Ashton hit the ball out of Calum's hands before smirking at him. 

"You dick!", Calum laughed, watching as Ashton ran up to the hoop, shooting easily.

Michael giggled quietly and bent down to do his laces. Calum watched him curiously.

"So why did you bring us here Mike?"

"Yeah was it so you could see a professional in the flesh?", Ashton joked spinning around and scoring again.

Calum smiled slightly, still looking at Michael.

Michael sighed, standing up straight. "I wanted to talk to you guys."

"Oh no", Ashton froze. "You're not quitting b-ball are you?"

"Shut up Ashton", Calum rolled his eyes, before pausing. "You're not are you, Michael?"

Michael chuckled. "No, you dicks." 

"Phew!", Ashton exclaimed. The curly haired boy sat on the floor, spinning the ball on his index finger. "Then what is it?"

Michael gulped slightly.

"You can tell us anything", Calum encouraged.

"Yeah! We're your closest buds", Ashton grinned. 

Michael nodded nervously.

Calum sighed, placing a hand on Michael's shoulder. "We're your brothers. Whatever is on your mind it can be on our minds too."

Michael closed his eyes shortly, before speaking. 

"I want you guys to know, that I'm gay."

"Wow, seriously!", Ashton rolled his eyes, laying flat on the floor. 

"Mike are you for real", Calum laughed, falling beside Ashton.

Michael furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What is it?"

"We already know that!", Ashton exclaimed.

"You did?"

"Only since like you were 13."

Michael laughed. "Then why didn't you guys say anything?!"

"Because you didn't say anything", Calum spoke. "We weren't gonna pressure you into telling us."

Michael shook his head, looking down at his best friends.

"You guys seriously already knew?"

"Yes!", Ashton shouted. "Congratulations you finally told us, now can we go celebrate or something?!"

"I don't believe you fuckers", Michael grinned.

"Michael, don't you think it was obvious when you neglected to go out with any of the cheerleaders at this school?", Calum asked.

Ashton nodded. "And when you didn't play truth or dare at Jason's party because you knew Melissa wanted to kiss you."

Michael giggled. "Oh my goodness."

Calum stretched standing up. "And Melissa is hot. Also, don't think we haven't noticed you and that blond kid."

"Luke", Michael smiled. 

"Oh! That's his name", Ashton said. "You two were like super cosy at your party last week. Help me up."

Michael grinned, helping Ashton off the floor. 

"I can't believe you guys knew all along."

"We know you dude. But if you have a crush on me, I don't think we would work because-"

"Shut up Ashton", Michael and Calum said in unison. They all laughed in unison.

"We accept you no matter what. We love you bro", Calum smiled.

"Thank you guys so much", Michael sighed in relief.

"Okay okay bring it in!", Ashton laughed as they all hugged one another.

"So, Luke huh?", Calum asked once they pulled away.

Michael smiled, "Yeah, he's amazing."

"He's super cute. He reminds me of Arthur. That one cartoon", Ashton spoke.

Michael giggled. "He is. We have a date tonight actually, that's what I wanted to tell you guys. It didn't feel right to keep it from you."

"Mike that's amazing.", Calum watched as Michael picked up the basketball.

"So happy for you", Ashton grinned. 

"I just hope my family and the rest of the school are too."

"They will be. We've got your back!", Ash said.

"Always", Calum nodded.

Michael grinned. He ran up to the basket, allowing the ball to gently move off his fingertips before making a clean shot.

Calum and Ashton cheered.

"You're royal highness", Ashton bowed jokingly.

Michael smiled. Everything felt right.

---

thankyouthankyouthankyou for reading!!

muke next chapter I PROMISE 

plzz vote!