||21||

Michael looked in his mirror two nights later, adjusting the collar on the blue shirt he was wearing. The senior was getting ready to go to Luke's house at 6 pm.

Karen, Michael's mother walked into his room as she noticed him.

"Wow!", she admired her only son, her eyes full of love. "Someone's dressed up!"

Michael chuckled, looking at his mother. "Is it too much?"

Karen hummed, staring at Michael's reflection. "Depends. You're not going to play basketball in it, are you?"

Michael snorted, picking up a tie that lay on his bed. "No, Mom. I wouldn't do that."

She smirked, leaning against the wall. "Where are you off to tiger?"

The senior paused and fiddled with his tie. "It's just a friends thing with the guys."

Lie.

Karen nodded slowly.

"How are Cal and Ashton? Haven't seen those two in a while."

"They're good mom", Michael said, attempting to put the tie around his neck. "They're just busy, we all are with school ending."

"Wow", Karen said quietly.

Michael furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he turned to face her. "What?"

"You really have grown up huh?"

The senior smirked, turning towards her. "Hey, I'm still me. Just taller and chubbier."

Karen laughed. "Don't be silly. You're perfect."

Michael smiled, before gulping slowly. He wanted to tell his mom the truth. He wanted her to know about Luke, how he was going to meet his family and was so nervous but so excited. But he couldn't. 

"You okay honey?", Karen noticed as Michael stared into space.

"Um yeah! I just realized I'm eighteen years old and can not tie a tie", he handed the material towards her.

Karen sighed jokingly. "When will you and your father ever learn? Chin up!", she ordered.

Michael grinned, tilting his chin in the air as she put it on for him. She smiled, looking at him proudly. "You look good Michael. Have fun tonight okay?"

"Thanks, mom I will."

She walked out of his room before turning around. "Be back by 11.", she warned.

Michael laughed. "I thought I was a grown up!", he shouted.

"Not yet, I take it back!", she said before disappearing.

Michael laughed before getting ready to leave. He grabbed his jacket and keys before going out of the house, into the large car. The senior had saved Luke's address which he texted him in his satnav, so began to drive there immediately. Once he got there, he parked outside a house full of light. It was much smaller than Michael's house, he liked it. Michael could already hear the sound of a TV from outside. He locked the car and began to walk up the pathway.

The eighteen-year-old didn't realize how much his heart was beating. Michael was nervous. He couldn't remember the last time he felt this nervous. He approached the front door, and hesitated, his mind full of thoughts. He thought about when he was six, and his dad first showed him how to shoot a basketball. When he was 13 and took part in his first real game. He didn't feel as scared then, as he did right now.

The senior shook his head, looking down at his right hand which held a bunch of Red Roses for Luke. Without thinking again, he brought up his left hand, using his knuckles to knock the door three times.