||8||

Luke swore his heart was going to escape out of his chest as he sat opposite Michael in the school's Radio studio.

Neil sat at Michael's side with interview questions whilst Luke was on the other side of the split room, managing the control desk.  The blond knew nothing about the equipment. All he knew was that Michael looked amazing in a grey hoodie and black snapback which covered his bed hair.

"Okay Luke, if you just press the  record button then we can try a run through?", Neil spoke, crossing his legs.

Luke heard nothing but instead continued to stare at Michael. He was knocked out of his gaze as Michael finally made eye contact with him.

He jumped in his wheelchair, immediately looking at Neil who cleared his throat, giving him a confused stare.

"Um, what?"

"Press the button", Neil mimicked, knowing the blond couldn't hear him.

"Oh!", Luke panicked, putting his earphones on before quickly locating the function which made him hear. He held down the button.

"Are you ready?", he shouted loudly.

"Yes", Neil responded. "Count us in!"

Luke blushed,  trying to avoid Michael as he figured out how to work the device. Neil showed him about thirteen times the same morning but Luke was too nervous about seeing Michael to listen.

"Okay, ready", he counted down before pressing play.

Michael smiled at the sophomore and casually put his hands in his pockets as he looked back at Neil.

Luke's face went red as he pressed record.

"Good morning, this is Neil Glendon, the school journalist and newspaper editor at West High school. Today I am with Michael Clifford, senior, and member of the basketball team. Thank you for being here today Michael."

Michael nodded politely.

"Thank you for having me."

"So first I'd just like to know a bit about what you do at Lakewood, and a taster of what it's like being on the Sports scene here?"

Michael thought for a moment before answering. 

"Well, I am now in my last year of school so things are definitely getting a bit heated with finals and scholarships around the corner. I've been playing basketball since I was seven, so I suppose it's what I want to do when I leave. Being a part of the sports team has definitely boosted my confidence and introduced me to people I'm sure I will be friends with for life, so I hope more people join next year."

Luke placed his palm against his cheek as he listened to Michael speak.

Neil nodded.

"So what would you say to those who are thinking of joining but perhaps don't think they have enough experience?"

Michael smiled, playing with his fingers.

"I say, do it. Just do it, because you'll be better off if you actually go out there and try it. If you don't try you'll never know. You could be so good you know?"

Neil nodded, about to go onto the next question before Michael continued.

"And also", Michael looked over at Luke, who smiled at him shyly.

Michael paused, smiling back before continuing. "I believe that this school should give more opportunities to the disabled. Whether that is paralysis, a syndrome, or anything like that, I think we shouldn't treat these people as any different because they're not. They're actually just as cool, in fact probably cooler than us", he smiled.