||5||

"Someone's ready for bed", Liz smirked as Luke's eyelids shut for the third time that night.

Luke pouted, wiping his eyes.

"M-not", he mumbled.

"Yes, you are. I've stolen three of your potato chips and you haven't even noticed", Jack spoke with his mouthful. "Four", he took another.

"Mom", Luke whined.

Jack and Ben sniggered.

"Jack, Ben, behave. Come on Luke let's get you upstairs.", Liz sighed, standing up and leaving her plate.

Luke nodded, removing the napkin from under his shirt, folding it neatly.

His mother came up behind him, beginning to push him out of the room.

"Say goodnight to your brother", Liz demanded.

Jack smirked, swallowing his food before taking Luke's plate, scraping the remains on his own.

"Night Luke. Thanks for the leftovers."

Ben grinned,  trying to take a potato chip from Jack's plate, however, he swatted his hands away.

"Hey!"

Liz cleared her throat.

"Night bro", he smiled, glaring at Jack.

Luke rolled his eyes, resting his cheek in his palm. "Goodnight."

"Make sure to clean up", Liz informed before pushing Luke to the staircase.

They yelled in protest.

Luke smirked smugly, his eyes declaring to remain shut.

"Alright my darling, up you go", she smiled watching as Luke got into the wheelchair lift. She waited for him to get to the top before going up the stairs herself.

Once they got to his bedroom Liz gently pushed him to the side of the bed before placing her right arm under Luke's leg securely whilst her other arm supported his back. She picked him up, placing him on the bed carefully.

Luke yawned, taking off his glasses and rolling to his side. "Night mom."

Liz laughed, seeing the smirk Luke failed to hide. "Very funny. You still need to brush your teeth", she spoke.

Luke began to fake snore causing them both to explode into laughter. She turned him over playfully, tickling his sides.

Luke laughed loudly. "Stop!", he screeched, looking up at his mother.

She smiled, kissing his forehead before getting a bucket of water and toothpaste from the bathroom.

Luke sat up, brushing his teeth. He lay back down immediately once he was finished.  Liz sat on the edge of his bed, tucking him in. He smiled, watching her hands move his legs under the blanket.

"Thanks mom", he sighed in content.

She kissed his knuckles gently.

"You're welcome darling. Goodnight."

---

thanks for reading ya'll

<3