“Well why don't you come in and we can get you cleaned up and see where he is.” Della said pulling Sophie into the house. “Trust me those beguilers are nothing to stress over. Once Fitz knows the truth it will be fine.”

Sophie hopefully nodded and followed Della into the house ending up in Biana's room. “I'm sure she has some puff snuff to help your eyes not look like you have been crying and a little flush crush to hide the red.”

Sophie looked around, wondering where Biana was.

“Biana is out with Linh and Marella getting ready for the party tonight.” Della answered not even looking up from Biana's elixir collection.

“How did you know that I was wondering where she was?” Sophie asked finally distracted from why she was there.

“Don't worry I didn't manifest as a telepath, I'm just a girl and I know how we think!” Della answered with a laugh. “Here it is!”

Sophie reached out to grab the bottles. Within minutes she looked like herself again and smiled in the mirror over Biana's vanity table.

“Why don't I give you a little privacy so you can find out where Fitz is. I will be down in the kitchen, getting some snacks together, you must be starving. Come down when you are done.” Della said blinking in and out as she made her way out of the room.

Settling on Biana's bed Sophie collected her thoughts and reached out to Fitz telepathically.

Fitz, can we please talk. I need to explain what happened.”

“Not now Sophie, I think it is pretty obvious what happened. I'm busy helping Keefe. Don't bother me again.”

With that he cut their transmission. Sighing Sophie grabbed the box he left at went downstairs to talk to Della again.

“That was quicker than I thought, did you get it all figured out.” Della said when Sophie walked in the kitchen.

“No, he didn't want to talk to me. He probably hates me and wants his gift back.”

“Oh honey he may be upset right now but trust me he can't hate you.” Della said confidently. “Why don't you sit down and open the box. I think it will explain things way better than I ever could.”

Puzzled Sophie sat down and opened the card Fitz had slid under the teal bow.

My Sophie,

I know you have trouble seeing yourself for the amazing person you are. I hope that this helps you see yourself how I see you.

Your Fitz

Confused at what he meant Sophie untied the bow and pulled the lid off the box. She wasn't sure what to expect sitting in the box but it certainly wasn't what she saw. Nestled in a bed of the softest teal fabric Sophie had ever touched was a simple but stunning brown book. She pulled it out and turned it over in her hands before opening it.

Inside Fitz had included another note.

I wish I had a photographic memory like you so you could see just how incredible you are.

With all my love,

Fitz

Sophie turned the page and a huge smile broke across her face.

A blurry but very distinctive picture was on the page. In his perfect handwriting Fitz had captioned the projection.

I was surprised by the brown eyes but even when I thought you weren't the girl I was searching for I still wanted to talk to you and all I could come up with was to talk about a dinosaur. You are by far the prettiest girl I have ever seen.

The next page featured another projection of him holding her and her crying with a heartfelt caption of her bravery.

Each page was filled with a projection and caption that explained exactly how Fitz felt about her. Page by page her heart swelled and she laughed at funny memories and ahhed at little things she was sure Fitz hadn't even noticed but he had. As the memories got more recent the clarity of the projections became clearer and the captions more touching. The last page was not a memory but a simple inscription.

Sophie,

I am so happy that I have all these memories of you but what I want is to know we have a future together. I don't care if we are each other's number 1’s or 500’s, I don't even care if we are a bad match because spending time apart from you has made it clear to me that I would never choose to be away from you. Forever with you is not long enough.

I am in love with you Sophie and I choose you, I want you to always be in my life. Please choose me.

Fitz