Chapter Twenty Seven: Rest in Peace

Hannah emerged from the kitchen carrying Nanami in her arms she truly had the touch of a mother. Asami watched as Nanami giggled and pulled at her hair but Hannah didn't seem to mine. When she saw Asami looking at them she signal for him to come over on seeing him Nanami's face lit up she stretched out her arms to him. He took her from Hannah and kissed her on the cheek. "Tell it to me straight Doc is she okay? Hannah sighed well it's hard to tell without the test results her fever is down for the while but that's minor and it's not what I'm most worried about. Asami stared at her worry evident on his face.

"The file I got from you only gave me limited information about her mother's medical background it wasn't really clear so I decided to do some digging. One of my colleagues is a well known doctor in Hong Kong he got access to her files for me and Asami it's not good. Ayano had early stages of cancer while she was pregnant with Nanami. Although it's very rare, to be diagnosed with cancer while pregnant. The cancer won't affect the unborn baby, but certain therapist might pose risk. Ayano didn't carry Nanami full term she was born prematurely and spend months in the hospital if she was exposed to any radiotherapy treatment there is a 25% chance it might have affected her health.

"Don't worry I'm sure it's just some minor things she just needs regular check-ups and support Hannah says trying to reassure him but it didn't seem to be working. He looked pale like the blood had drained from his face. Hannah took Nanami from his arms allowing to take a seat at the table. He started to rubbing his temple like he had a headache looking back at her his piercing golden eyes seem in pain Asami run a hand over his face and through his hair as he looked up at his daughter he couldn't deny how the news was affecting him. Hannah placed her hand over his and smiled.

"You're a great father everyone could see that, what's happening to Nanami is not your fault besides she has her aunty Hannah to look after her. So you don't have to worry Asami smiled and watch as Nanami giggled at Hannah's funny faces.

                      ⭐⭐⭐⭐

When he stepped into his parents house all he could think about was how he was going to face Asami. His hands comb through his hair violently as he through his bags to the floor his mine filled of worry and confusion. He leaned against the wall allowing his head to fall forward. He didn't notice when Asami came up behind him rapping his arms around his waist. He leaned forward brushing his lips against the back of his neck.

"Asami, I'm kind of tired. He says slightly pulling away he couldn't stand the electric charge he always felt when Asami was near. The feeling had him trapped it flowed down his back with sharp intensity. Asami smiled knowing fully well what he was doing to him, Asami stepped away allowing him a little distance. Akihito composed himself and finally turned around but he kept his eyes on the floor fearing if he looked at him he would see the truth. Asami frowned placing his hand under his chin he attempted to lift his head but Akihito shoved himself away and stormed off in search of his parents. After checking the kitchen and living room he finally found them in his father's office upon entering his mother face lit up she stood to her feet to greet him with a hug. Father nodded in acknowledgement as his mother pulled his down on the couch to sit next to her. Akira sat to his left he was slouched down in the chair with his face covered. Akihito couldn't tell if he was awake or sleeping the steady rise and fall of his chest indicated he was indeed sleeping. Relief filled him he couldn't face his brother right now in fact he didn't want to.

His mother sighed. "You're brother thought it would be wise to get drunk and make a total fool out of himself, your father brought him here to cool off before he upset Hannah in his current condition. That's the reason why I warned you not to press further into Reika's case because your brother can't handle it. We are disappointing in you Akihito you not only disregarded what we said you intentionally when to Hong Kong to provoke the mafia. Akihito bolted to his feet shocked at his father's words.

"Why did you call me back here? And please no more lies his parents looked at each other then back at him. "When your brother is awake we can explain more clearly but for now you should go up and rest. If he protested he would only anger his father more. nodding his head he stood to his feet. His mother smiled up at him. "Mom do you mind if i take the spare bedroom?

"Why? She inquired. Akihito sighed. "Mom please I'm exhausted and would really like to get some rest. His mother nodded, okay you can have it, go get some rest.