♥Chapter Seven: Rin's Arrival♥

Hey, guys, I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have rewritten this chapter this one is my fourth try I really do hope you like it. Anyway, I have written in a new character to my story her name is Rin and she is Akihito's childhood friend.

He laid awake staring up at the ceiling of their bedroom. One arm wrapped around Asami's pillow and the other against the pillow above his head. He couldn't seem to fall asleep and he didn't want to. His mind kept aimlessly wondering to his lover and he hated the uncontrollable need it brought him.

Asami had left him a ton of unanswered questions and no way of finding the truth. He couldn't decide whether to just give up or wait for Asami to open up to him, which he knew would never happen.

His entire body stiffen as he heard his phone ringing sighing he ignored it deciding whoever it was he would call them later. Bringing his arm from above his head he wrapped it around the pillow on his chest pulling it tighter to him. Closing his eyes, he moved slightly turning onto his side and taking in a deep breath he snuggled into the pillow holding it close to him, as the scent of his lover filled him.

                                                                 ♦♦♦

Gentle hands combed through his hair and Akihito's eyes flew open and as he sat up abruptly staring at the person sitting comfortably on his bed with a huge smile on their face. Akihito couldn't believe his eyes

"Good morning, Akihito," Rin greeted, ignoring his shock.

"What the hell Rin how did you get in here?"

"Well, I used the spare key you gave me remember she said standing from the bed while dangling the key in front his face.

"How did you even get here," Akihito asked still astonished that she was standing in his bedroom.

"Well, I did try calling and texting you but you were ignoring me."

"I wasn't ignoring you." Akihito ran a hand through his hair. "Rin I just--"

"Akihito it's okay, I understand." I can't expect you to always come running whenever I call, you have your own life to live I get it. Besides, I found this place without breaking a sweat.

"So you're telling me that Asami Security team just allowed you to stroll right in here?"

"Well for starters the guy in the lobby is really nice and secondly there was no security whatever in the lobby or by the door." She said placing her hand on her hip.

"Where is that lover of yours anyway Rin asked scanning the room for any sign of Asami.

"Probably still at work Akihito replied with a dry tone in his voice.

"Did you two have a fright?"

Akihito took a deep breath as he shook his head. "I heard you and Takato broke up you guys were good together.

"Yeah well, we just didn't work well together. The words left her lips like they meant nothing to her." I'll be staying with a friend that lives a few blocks from here until I could get an apartment I think it would be better that way.

Akihito brows frown as he stared at her confused he couldn't understand why she was acting like Takato meant nothing to her." Is everything okay with you two you didn't seem happy when I mentioned his name?

"Akihito we're, fine she says firmly as her hazel eyes stared into his. just trust me." He stared at her a few more seconds before he nodded his head. "Anyway, what's going on with you?" She says with an amused smile on her face when I came in I saw you were hugging that pillow like your life depended on it. Is it Asami's she teased watching the blush rose to Akihito's cheek.