⭐Chapter Eight: The Truth Hurts⭐

Asami rested his head back against his chair

Asami rested his head back against his chair. As the all so familiar smell of his cigarette filled the room. He inhaled taking the smoke into his lungs and holding it there for a long while before he released it into the air. His fingers moved to his forehead, gently he massaged it trying to release a headache that had been bugging him since he had left his house. He sighed placing the cigarette into the already filled ashtray on his desk. His eyes lingered there before a knock at the door interrupted his gaze. Asami looked up as Kirishima entered. Pushing his glasses up he made his way to his bosses desk.

Kirishima's gaze flicked to the tray and he shook his head silently as he picked it up depositing the buds and ashes into the bin. Asami's eyes followed his subordinate's movement as Kirishima then strolled out of the room a few seconds later he returned with a glass of water and a small bottle, Asami's watched Kirishima with a confused look on his face. As he placed the water in front of him and opened the bottle with the words aspirin written on the front. Kirishima offered the small tablet to him and he took it. A stiff smiled spread across his lips as he brought the pill to his mouth and swallowed.

"When you called me last night and told me you have a kid I thought you were joking but according to this report, I know your not.

"What have you found out?"

"Well according to the babysitter you placed secretly under Fei Long's care she took some samples of the child's hair along with the sample that I got from you and it was a match." Asami eyes widen as Kirishima continue. "You are indeed Nanami's father. I also did some investigation on the death of Fei Long's late sister it would seem that after Fei Long had gone to prison he ask his sister to take over the organization in his stead but she had refused an eyewitness later saw her at her father's and brother funeral two days later she was seen boarding a plane to Tokyo.

Kirishima watched as Asami's golden eyes darkened and an amused smile spread across his face.

"So Fei Long had sent his dear little sister to end me?" Asami chuckled softly averting his eyes from Kirishima piercing gaze.

"Is there anything else Asami asked his voice now stern and emotionless. Kirishima nodded as he continued his report.

"There are also reports of Ayano suffering from physical abuse when she was a child, it would seem her older brother was very abusive towards her when she disobeyed him, the report also state that Fei Long's father was often kept in the dark about what transpired between the siblings and unfortunately did not know about Ayano's suffering. After she had graduated university she disappeared without a trace." And as I said before she only repaired at their funeral. Kirishima closed the folder placing it on the desk in front of Asami.

"Do you have any information on her whereabouts?" Where she had disappeared to?"

"No Sir I couldn't get anything."

"Then how did she die?"

"It would seem she died after giving birth to Nanami.

Asami's fingers drummed against the folder as he took a deep breath in all his years he could not believe that he would end up in a situation like this I'm her father the thought invaded his mind inviting a storm of conflicting emotions. He chuckled suddenly not believing the truth of it all. This can't be real.

"If you're sitting there wondering if this is real then it is. You are Nanami's father. Asami's eyes jolted in surprise as Kirishima's words dragged what he could not wrap his mind around to life. "I can't tell you what Ayano's motivates were, and I don't know the reason why she approached you but one thing for sure that I do know, I don't think she came here for revenge I think she honestly wanted to know the truth about her families death. Why go through all that trouble to miss her chance at killing you. Kirishima question hung in the air. Asami pondered over it for a minute or two before he spoke.

"So you think she didn't kill me because she fell in love the answer brought no surprise to Kirishima as he nodded. "And you expect me to believe that Asami roared.

"Boss no one excepts anything from you but Nanami does. She is real and she's not going to stay a baby forever, soon she's going to want to know the truth about her mother and father and she's going to be hurt knowing her father abandoned her. I can't make you do anything you don't want to do I know that for damn sure and I also know that you're not the kind of man to just walk away from this so forgive me for speaking out of turn but you should stop trying to make excuses and take responsibility."

Kirishima swallowed audibly as he watched rage surface in Asami's eyes his fists balled tightly and he rose to his feet.

"Call Fei Long and arrange a meeting tonight and tell Suoh to prepare the limo," Asami ordered as Kirishima nodded and left the room.

Hmm, I wonder what will happen next 😜