❇Chapter Thirteen: Unwanted Guest❇

The Anniversary Party

"The tension in the room was palpable as Akira narrowed his eyes at the well-guarded yakuza standing across the room.

"Who invited him?" He growled taking two steps forward but a soft hand-held him back by his forearm. "Don't Akira this is your parents night. Don't make a scene," Akira's wife Hannah urged as her husband shook with rage.

"Get your hand off me. They should have thought of that before they invited him here!" Akira barked as he stormed off in Asami's direction.

Leaning casually against the wall Asami vision shifted from baby Nanami sleeping form in one of his bodyguard arms to the approaching figure of his lover's brother. Swirling the drink in his hand with his index finger he greeted the detective.

"Goodnight Akira," Asami uttered in a low voice as his guard moved together in unison blocking the view of Akira from his eyes with their bodies.

"I want you and your pathetic entourage to leave right now," Akira barked as Asami pushed off the wall tracing a finger lightly over baby Nanami's forearm he tapped the shoulder of his guards. They moved aside instantly letting the yakuza through.

"Detective if you must know your father saw it fit to invite me here. If there is any issue you can take it up with him now please if you would excuse me while I find my daughter a place to rest Asami said coldly as he moved passed Akira. But before he could move any future Akira hand yanked him backward ruffling his dark suit.

"I said get the fuck out of here!" Akira shouted drawing the attention of everyone else standing in the room as Asami turned hard eyes on him. Without order, Asami guards grabbed Akira from behind locking his arms behind him. He struggled vigorously as his wife approached. "Order your men to let my husband go!" She hissed in Asami's face, ignoring her Asami waved his hand to the guard which held his daughter.

"Take my daughter outside," Asami ordered and the guard Akira did not recognize stepped around them with the sleeping child in his arms and exited the large dining room.

"Release him," Asami said to both guards that held Akira, eyeing the door his daughter had just gone through.

"Fucking leave!" Akira sneered as the guard released him. "Get out of---" but his words had barely finished as a loud crack echoed through the room and Akira head snapped sideways.

"You! Asami snarled placing his hand into his pants pocket eyes now fixated on Akira's angry face.

"Don't push me!"

"You low life bastard," leave now and stay the hell away from my brother!"

"That's enough Akira," a familiar voice shouted Akira's head snapped to the doorway his eyes narrowed on his father who stared back at him with a disappointing look in his eyes. "My study now. Both of you!" he says before turning to walk down the hall.

Akira followed close behind him along with Asami.

♦♦♦

The muted sound of the wheels shredding over the gravel driveway greeted Akihito as the driver pulled up in front of a familiar sight. A heavy breath escaped him while anxiety sat heavy in his gut wondering what would happen when he walked through the door. His main worry tonight was his older brother. He hoped beyond anything that his parents anniversary night didn't end badly.

Brushing off his nerves he stepped out of the car. and rang the doorbell, quickly running his fingers through his hair. Seconds later the door opened and the wonderful scent of his mother's cooking filled his nose Akihito closed his eyes for a brief moment remembering all the times he uses to watch her bake for hours. Opening his eyes he was meet with the welcoming smile of his mother.