♥Chapter Twelve: Akira♥

Akira was sitting at his desk in the police station, going over his notes from his last assignment. He pauses and laid the pen on the desk. He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. He had been at it for hours now, adding notices to a couple of his other case files. He glanced at the clock. It was nearly 2pm and Akira assumed his wife and daughter were on their way back home from the hospital, he knew Hannah had been tired from all those sleepless nights with Rose ever since she started teething she'd been crying non-stop keeping them up at night. Akira ran his hand over his head, once more as he rubbed his eyes and resumed writing. He would rather be on the streets protecting the citizens of Tokyo. Then stuck in his office doing desk work, being a detective for over eight years had its good and bad days and today was definitely one of them.

Glancing up he spotted his partner Ryuuki strolling over to his desk. "Hey Akira why don't you go home and get some rest you've been at it since last night and honestly you look terrible, I'm sure you need the sleep," Akira sighed as he shook his head from side to side.

"Rose still keeping you up?" His partner asked as he groaned nodding his answer. Ryuuki chuckled at the sight of his friend tried state. Picking up one of the files on his desk he proceeded to read it.

"Hey man I could finish these for you. Go home. Ryuuki offered tapping his friend's shoulder. Akira smiled as he rose to his feet and grabbed his car keys off his desk. He thanked his partner and made his way out the station.

Pulling up to his driver way. With a slight yawn, he shut his car off. Stepping out of the car he shut and locked it a cry from within the house drew his attention. Rose he knows wasn't feeling any better.
His feet dragged as his made to his door opening the door he stepped inside where Rose's cries amplified.

She must have heard the door for his wife entered the foyer a look of tiredness to mirror his own etched on her face.

"Long day," he asked as she nodded her answer and approached to plant a gentle kiss on his lips.

Taking his coat and car keys she placed them on hooks as Akira made his way to the living. But before he could Hannah said something that made him spin on his heel to face her as she came in behind him.

"Your brother called today," she informed him.

"What?" Akira's said shocked... "What did he want?"
He asks still a bit surprised that his brother had called.

His wife looked at him and smiled knowing very well that he was happy for the call.

"Your father couldn't contact us so he asks Akihito to invite us to their 40th-anniversary party this weekend. We should start packing.

Akira nodded as he watched his wife and daughter made their way up the stairs to their bedroom. He sighed and hoped with all his heart that his trip home would not be a mistake.