Chapter Twenty: Soul Mates

How the hell had he gotten himself into this Asami wondered to himself as he accepted his drink from the flight attendant not only had he agreed to take Akihito to Fei Long he was about to enter into his enemies territory not because he wanted to ...

How the hell had he gotten himself into this Asami wondered to himself as he accepted his drink from the flight attendant not only had he agreed to take Akihito to Fei Long he was about to enter into his enemies territory not because he wanted to but by someone else's wish he could just imagine the smirk on Fei Long's face when he shows up at his doorstep with Akihito. Asami groaned angrily as he empty the glass in his hand he signal for the attend to get him another she nodded her head with a shy smile playing on her lips as she stared at him with her piercing gaze and Asami knew exactly what she was imaging in her mind, she smiled at him once more before turning to pour his drink.

Asami's eyes scanned up and down her body and it landed on her short skirt that seems to hug tightly to her body. Somehow she seem to feel his gaze on her, glancing over her shoulder she caught his gaze she licked her lips as she continued to steal glances at him Asami smirked and averted his eyes from them deciding to indulge them no further instead he focus his attention on Nanami who seem to be loving the attention Akihito was giving her he smiled to himself

In all his years he had never imagined himself being a father or falling in love those things had been cast from his life a long time ago or so he thought two living proof sat mere inches away from him but would they stay would this new found happiness last he wanted it too, he wished with all his heart that after their trip nothing would change between them, Akihito would finally know the truth about his sister and they would return to their lives in Japan or so he hoped. A few minutes later the hostess returned with his drink she wink at him and silently slipped a small piece of paper in his hand Asami raised an eyebrow at the woman's boldness she then walked as if nothing was wrong smirking he unwrapped the small paper already knowing what was in it. He frown once more and crumpled the small paper in his hand discarding it into his untouched drink

Swaying his attention back to the two people who sat beside him he realized that Akihito didn't seem to notice what had just happened his attention was 100% focus on Nanami only, and nothing else seem to matter he had not said a word to him since they got on the plane when he asked him a question he would simply answer yes or no nothing more, if he didn't feel like answering he wouldn't Asami's eyes grew soft and he wondered how long Akihito's anger would last. It's not like he had done the deed himself but still Akihito had bluntly pointed out to him, that keeping the truth hidden from him was like covering up his sister's murder it made him no different than the person who did it. In his line of work, he saw and did a lot of things until this day he wasn't proud of half of those things he would not dream of Akihito knowing.

He had wondered so far in his thoughts that he had lost sight of what was going on beside him Akihito and Nanami were now fast asleep Asami smiled to himself as he reach out to run his long fingers through the boys hair Akihito stirred as if feeling Asami's gentle touch sighing he unbuckled his seatbelt and made his way at the back of the plane the two attend greeted him with gentle smiles as they proceeded to ask him if he needed anything Asami dismissed them and proceeded to the small bar in the corner he needed a drink one far stronger than what the attend had made for him he could feel the two women eyes boring into his back he paid them no mind and continued making his drink when he was done he brush past them only noticing for a second that their once love struck eyes had gone hard Asami smirked and made his way back to the front with his drink in hand.

♦♦♦

"You have that look in your eyes sir Kirishima says as Asami approaches him. Asami looked down at him with a frown and took the seat across from him.

"What look?"

"The look that says you think this is a mistake, that look."

Asami chuckled and took a sip of his drink. I'm only doing this to ease his mind Kirishima weather I like it or not Akihito is not simply going to give up searching for his sisters murderer.

"And what if by the end of all this he can't handle the answers. What if he realizes he doesn't want to have anything more to do with you will you except that.

"Asami frown deepened and he stared down at the drink in his hand his grip tightened around the glass and he couldn't help but feel like kirisima's words were coming true Akihito was acting differently towards him the spark he once saw in the boy was no longer there, now a dim light takes it's place. Asami's gaze shifted from his glass to where Akihito and Nanami sat, they were both still fast asleep he smiled to himself and turned his gaze back to Kirishima.

"Tomorrow is a new day Kirishima. Today however was long and stressful so if you don't mind I would very much like to enjoy my drink and not think about the awaiting doom ahead.

Kirishima nodded and returned his attention back to his laptop Asami stared at him for a few seconds more before downing the remainder of his drink.