⭐Chapter Two: Nanami⭐

The car pulled to a stop in front of a large building. The driver stepped out and reached for the handle and opened his door. Fei Long gracefully exited the car and stepped onto the sidewalk. He lifted his head up at the building and a sudden nerve paralyzed him in place. Finding the strength to move once more he pulled Nanami closer to his chest she stirred in his arms and stared up at him as her small hands quickly found its way in his hair once again. Shaking his head down at her, he proceeded to make his way towards the building.

The entrance was glowing with beautiful lights that hung from the ceiling. Fei Long found himself suddenly mesmerized by it's radiant glow. Tearing his gaze from the ceiling he notice a man sitting behind a large desk when he saw Fei Long approaching he greeted him with a slight bow of his head. His men then informed the man of their visit and he pointed them in the direction to the elevator's seeing as they said they knew where he was going.

Fei long stepped into the elevator and pushed the button for the penthouse. As the doors began to close his body leaned against the back of the elevator as it slowly ascended up to the top floor, He inhaled deeply trying his best to rid the uncomfortable feeling that was building in his chest. He swallowed hard and closed his eyes, as if feeling his uneasiness Nanami started to fuss in his arms, a soft cry escaped her Fei Long bounced her a little and rubbed her back in a circular motion Nanami calmed just as the elevator door opened. He knew it would not be long before he would have to feed her which he was unsure how to do.

♦♦♦

At the end of the hall there was a single door. Fei Long pressed the doorbell and the door opened a few moments later. But it wasn't who he was expecting to see. A young man stood before him Fei Long instantly knew he was Asami's new lover. Without a warning, he shoved Akihito aside and made his way into the apartment. Scanning the corridor Fei Long found no sigh of Asami anywhere sighing, he turned to face Akihito, who still stood by the open doorway staring at him.

"You're the photographer I presume. Where is Asami?" Fei Long asked, eyeing Akihito suspiciously.

"Err," was all Akihito manage to say before a soft cry interrupted him unexpectedly. He watched as the long haired man slightly uncovered something that was wrapped in a blanket, with closer observation Akihito could clearly see what it was his eyes grew wide as the child cries became louder and louder. Fei Long tried his best to calm her but no matter what he did she would only fuss and cry more. Silently cursing himself, he regretted he had not paid attention to what the flight attendant was telling him about newborns.

Shh." He whispered softly in her ear.

"Do you need help?" Akihito offered.

"I'm fine!" He said coldly as he bit his lip impatiently.

"Maybe you should feed her?" Akihito suggested with a hint of humor in his voice. Fei Long, however, was not in a patient mood his eyes met Akihito's as he stared at him with an ice cold glare.

Sighing, Akihito closed the door and made his way towards the two.

"Follow me, he said simply as he made his way down the corridor to the kitchen, Fei Long followed close behind him. He stood in the doorway of the kitchen watching him. Akihito placed something into a pot on the stove, he then stirred it before pouring it into a plastic bottle.

"Here, take it," he said with an outstretched hand. "You don't have to look so worried my brother's wife just had a baby three months ago. I babysit for them and some of the baby stuff got left behind it's all new and it's clean so you don't need to worry.

With a thankful smile, Fei Long took the bottle from Akihito's hand and placed it to Nanami's lips who instantly started to gobble it down. Fei Long smiled down at her relieved she had finally calmed down. He then turned his attention back to Akihito, who leaned against the counter looking everywhere else except in his direction.

"You look nervous?" He says his voice was deep as he stood there staring at Akihito.

"No." I'm not, or shall we just pretend you didn't just badge your way in here.

"Who the hell are you? He asked bluntly.

Ignoring his question Fei Long smiled at him for a few seconds and then spoke again. "So do you live here with him?" He ask.

"Live here?" Akihito questioned back, repeating the familiar words he had been asked by so many others his cheeks heated as the words popped into his mind.

"Yes." He replied honestly after some hesitation.

"So I see." Fei Long whispered to himself.

Silence filled the room as they both stood there awkwardly before Akihito suggested they retire to the living room Fei Long nodded after a few moments and followed Akihito into the main room. Akihito gestured to the sofa for him to sit. He then took a seat across from him. Akihito hadn't noticed in the kitchen, but this man was in his own category of beauty. Below his long lashes were piercing brown eyes that seemed so familiar to Asami's even though Asami had his own individual charms but his long-haired friend was in a whole other league. Fei Long glanced down at Nanami and saw that she was all done. Akihito chuckled softly as she sucked greedily at the now empty bottle.

"She has quite the appetite," he said smiling at the yawning baby. Her eyes began to drop as Fei Long placed the bottle on the coffee table before him.

"You don't need to keep her in your arms, she could sleep on the bed, I don't mind taking her for you Akihito offered. Fei Long hesitated at first, but slowly nodded in agreement. Akihito took her from his arms and headed to the bedroom, a few minutes later he emerged slightly closing the door behind him.

"So are you a friend of Asami's?" Akihito asked, but Fei Long ignored again him, instead of answering he turned away and walked to the balcony, Akihito watched as he pulled out a cell phone and spoke in a language he did not quite understand. When he saw that he was done talking he decided to repeat his question.

"Are you a friend of Asami Akihito asked his voice filled with determination.

Fei Long turned towards him as he gazed at Akihito with soulless eyes Akihito swallowed as he stared back at him. He then closed his eyes to avoid his intense gaze as his body shivered from the cold the seep through the window.

"Are you scared?"

The Question came without warning as his eyes flew open to find Fei Long standing only inches away from him, he took a step backward and fell to the floor Akihito frowned and Fei Long smirked as he stared down at him with an amused smile. Fei Long sighed wearily as he extended his hand for Akihito to take but he only ignored it turning away from him.

"Do you still want to know why I'm here?

Akihito only nodded still refusing to look at him.

"Do you know what I think Akihito. "I think I might have given you the wrong impression of me."

"Oh, why's that?"

"I think your under the impression that your lover and I are friends.

Akihito's eyes widened as his body froze in place.

"There is no need to look so frightened, your skin is becoming quite pale I'm not here to hurt you Akihito, but there is something about you that seems so familiar.

"Look at me." Akihito turned towards him slowly, gazing at the look on his face Fei Long eyes darkened as he grabbed hold of Akihito's hand and pulled him towards him. Fei Long leaned towards him and Akihito stared into a pair of bright brown eyes that were mere inches from his face.

"Am I interrupting something? Someone asked, their voice laced with acid. Akihito's eyes widened as he turned and saw Asami standing in the doorway giving him a death stare.