☀Chapter Fourteen: Her Forgotten Dreams☀

Akihito looked up at the sky. It was a beautiful night, and he was glad to be home, even if it was for only a few days. He had needed the time away from the city. His thoughts wandered to the pair of hazel brown eyes that sat across from him at the table he could feel his penetrating gaze on him the entire dinner. And even now he knew they were watching him. He could no longer deny the pull he felt towards them. Swallowing hard Akihito tried to fight back the temptation growing inside him. The thought of Asami touching him send shivers down his spine and an unbearable pain in his heart.

"I wondered where you'd gone off to," Akira said, stepping out on the porch.

Akihito glanced up at him, some what grateful for the interruption.

"Well, I just thought I'd breath in some fresh air while I could." Akira nodded, deciding to ease down to sit on a nearby step.

"It's a beautiful night. Akihito says as he stared down at his brother.

"Yes, it is, this view just reminds me of why I love coming back home. Mom and Dad always loved this place the mountains, lakes, streams and plenty of space. The sunrise in the morning always takes your breath away.

"If that's what you think then why did you leave? Dad always thought that you would raise a family here he always wanted you to take over the business. And we both know that was your goal,  but all of a sudden things changed after Reika died, this place was never the same I miss her too every single day Akira I know that she's the reason why you became a cop trust me I under..."

"No!" You don't. You were too young to understand, you may remember her face but I remember everything about her. The way she laughed her smile the way she would wrinkle her nose when I pulled on her hair. She use to get so mad. Being a cop was her dream not mine I was just the little brother who admired her, she had so much planned for this place, so many dreams that never came to past because she was taken from us by the same people like that man you claim to love.

"Akira, Asami didn't kill our sister.

"He may not have pulled the trigger but he runs in the same circle as the people who did.

"Akira, Reika died in the line of duty that's what the chief of police told Mom and Dad.

"And you believed that bullshit! Let me tell you the hard truth little brother our sister died because she got involved with leader of the mafia son when she was supposed to be undercover investigating how his father was moving his drugs from Hong Kong to the United States but instead of doing her job she allowed him to blind her from her task, all because she fell in love with him and when he knew he had her wrapped around his finger he betrayed her. His father ordered him to get rid of her and he did he murdered her in cold blood, and that's the truth.

"If what you say is true then why haven't you done something?

"You think I didn't try Mom and Dad said I was getting carried away they said I was causing them more pain. They said I wasn't allowing them to heal properly. So I decided to leave it alone. But it doesn't mean I forgot.

"So no matter what you or anyone says Akihito I will never acknowledge your relationship with Asami, he puts you in harm's way and he's poisoning your mind to everything else around you I'm not ashamed of you Akihito I don't care that you're gay or who you choose to spend your life with. but just not him, or people like him. I won't let you make the same mistakes Reika did. I can't loose you too.

Akihito sighed deeply, grateful that his brother still cared for him, he wanted nothing more than to reassure him that Asami was different but deep down he knew there was some truth in his brother's words Asami was affecting his mind and Akihito wondered in what way.

Evidently feeling the need to change the subject, Akihito then asked, "So what's going on with you and Hannah?"

Akira jerked his head around and met Akihito's stare. "Don't believe everything Rin tells you."

Akihito chuckled as he learned against a post. That's just it. Rin isn't telling me anything. She usually very talkative but she's keeping her lips sealed when it comes to you for some reason."

About time, Akira thought. "If Rin didn't mention anything, why are you asking?"

"Because I'm not as dumb as you think I am. I saw the evil look Hannah was giving you at the table And I also know the reason why?"

"Do you?"

"Yep?

"She's sexual frustrated?"

Akira threw his head back and laughed unable to stop himself.

"Laugh all you like but I know the feeling and I also know for a fact that if none of us were in that room she would have back slapped your ass and have her way with you.

Akira laughed even harder, tears pricking his eyes as he stared at his younger brother.

"I need you know that I only have your best interest at heart." Akihito gave a thin smile in response as Akira patted his head. "Have you started to take pictures again Akira asked his brother and their conversation floated to the background.

Asami stood in the doorway, for awhile he had stood there in silence listening to the brothers reunite a ghost of a smile crossed his lips and with one last look at them he returned to his room.