♥Chapter Fifteen: The Blue Rose Part 1♥

Hey guys I know I haven't updated for a while since my last chapter. But anyway here it is chapter fifteen the Blue Rose part 1 hope you enjoy.

Night slowly drifted into morning and Akihito watched as the sun rose over the edge of the mountains its golden ray covered the trees while stretching its way throughout the valley, the mist drifted into the trees and the stars slowly faded in the...

Night slowly drifted into morning and Akihito watched as the sun rose over the edge of the mountains its golden ray covered the trees while stretching its way throughout the valley, the mist drifted into the trees and the stars slowly faded in the sky. He stood from the armchair to take in the breath-taking view before him. Akihito felt the coldness of the wind on his skin and returned to his chair wrapping his blanket safely around himself. Time and again, he thoughts turned to Asami and he wanted nothing more than to seek the warmth his body offered. But somehow he knew that would not go well if Akira found out he was secretly planning to share a bed with Asami in their parents house, he smiled imaging the look on Akira's face.

Akira had long since retired to his room worried at the fact that his wife would think he was avoiding her. He remembered the smile on his face when he spoke of his wife and daughter and for the first time in his life he felt jealous of his brother's happiness. His expression saddened and his smile disappeared. The feeling of loving someone with all his heart overwhelmed him and he felt alone, deep within him he wondered what it would be like to have a home a family and someone who would love him till the day he took his last breath.

But Akihito knew the thought itself was impossible Asami was not and would never be a family man a feeling of hurt and sadness began to claw at his heart and he had to shake himself to get rid of the thought, but it was no use reality had already kicked in and the feeling itself had already embedded itself within him a sob escaped him and Akihito fought to hold back the tears that were now sliding down his cheeks. He breathed deeply. After a long moment, his muscles eased. He leaned back, lilting his head towards the ceiling as his eyes drifted closed.

"Wake up," said a familiar voice. Akihito looked up into his brother's eyes the sun had already made its way high in the sky and Akihito had to shield his eyes from the light. Akira shook his head as he watched Akihito cover his head with his blanket.

"What time is it?" He asked, his words more than a whisper. His mouth felt dry he swallowed hard, trying to ease the discomfort that had settled deep in his throat.

"Here drink this it will help Akira said as he placed a cup of hot coffee on the table beside him Akihito nodded his head grateful for the heat. Akira kept his eyes on his brother as he settled into the seat opposite him a yawn escaped Akihito's lips as he slowly blow on the coffee before pressing it to his lips, he closed his eyes welcoming the warmth that slowly spread throughout his body he instantly felt his voice returning. Opening his eyes he stared at his brother.

"Where is everyone? Akihito asked slipping on his coffee once more. Akira placed his cup on the small table beside his chair before turning to face his brother.

"Mom is in the kitchen, Dad is in his office and everyone else is still in bed all except for your unwelcome lover who seem to be in a not so good mood at the moment he finish before rolling his eyes Akihito shifted in his chair suddenly feeling uncomfortable, his eyes than settled on his brother who looked at him with a raise of his eyebrow as if he was waiting for him to explain his lover bad mood.

"What!"

"You tell me, he asked leaning back in his chair, folding his arms over his chest. "Well what's the deal?.

"How the hell should I know.

"Don't pretend like you don't know.

"Well sorry to spoil your fun Akira but I don't know what you're talking about.

Akira stared daggers at him while drumming his fingers against the wooden armchair, a sound designed to annoy him until he got what he wanted but over the years Akihito found ways to block it out completely, he turned away deciding to ignore his brother.

"You know he didn't look to happy seeing us together last night after we left the dinning room he does know that I'm your brother and that you always put your family first. Akira says in a mocking tone. Akihito glared back at him through narrowed eyes. Any patience he'd had with their conversation was clearly at an end.

"That's enough!" Akira okay you had your fun could you please just drop it. It's really to early to be talking about Asami I would really prefer to just sit here drink my coffee and enjoy the view could I please do that? Instead of you trying to piss me off.

"That's not what I'm trying to do Akihito.

"Then what!" He snapped. "What are you trying to do?"

"I'm trying to make sure that man keeps his distance from you.

"That's not your call Akira.

Akira stood, slamming his palm against the table ignoring the stinging pain that shot through his hand. "Such words from someone who quit his job and decided to become a house pet to a criminal. The muscle in Akihito's jaw twitched, as if he was  biting back his words.

He continued on, his voice mocking as he paced in front of him. Honestly Akihito speak your mind stop hiding behind others to do so for you.

Akihito took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. Yelling back at him wouldn't get him anywhere. "I have nothing more to say Akira I thought we settled all this last night.

"We settled nothing Akira says glaring down at him.

"Fine." But that's not why you're so pissed off what happened last night after you left.

"I ran into your boyfriend that's what, he was standing in the hall staring at our family pictures

"And that pissed you off.

"No, what pissed me off was when he told me he was waiting for you.

"He was." Akihito replied simply.

Akira let out an impatient breath, "And?"

"And...Nothing. I didn't go,

"Why didn't you?

"Because I wanted to spend time with you, and even if I wanted to go see him you couldn't stop me I'm not a child anymore Akira, last night I choose not to go to him Asami isn't controlling me and he never has. You have to understand that I'm not Reika I won't let the same happen to me. I don't want that void between us anymore
That's why I think it would be best to keep my distance from Asami until he leaves that way no one gets hurt.

Silence fell between them as Akira said nothing instead he stared in the direction of the forest. Akihito glanced automatically to the forest path his expression saddened as his eyes shifted to his brother who stared at the forest with a pained look in his eyes.

"You know what day it is right?"

Akira nodded silently.

The blooming of the blue rose he whispered to himself as he kept his eyes glued to the forest. Akihito stared at his brother resisting the urge to ask what he was thinking. But deep down he knew the answer. Lifting himself from his chair he reached over and took hold of his brother's hand giving it a light squeeze but Akira's eyes never wavered from the forest.

"Would you like me to come with you?"

Akira nodded as he stood to his feet and descended the steps of the porch as Akihito
followed closed behind.