Chapter Twenty Two: The Red Dragon's Truth (Part 1)

Trying to distract himself he glanced out the window, watching the twinkling light in the darkness they looked nothing like the ones at home, he found himself thinking of home his parents must be worried sick, this was the second night he hadn't contacted them all through he had promise Rin that he would call every single night he had failed on that promise.

Of course, Asami would have called Rin to check in and he'd let the others know they were fine and what was happening, Akihito assured himself, letting that worry go. It still left him worrying about his brother he knew how stubborn Akira could be he wouldn't just take a simple I'm fine and leave well enough alone he would find him, it was just a matter of time.

Sighing, he decided it would not benefit him to worry besides he was getting a headache just thinking about what his brother would do if he found them. Ignoring his fears, Akihito glanced up in surprise to find Asami standing in the doorway of his room Akihito signed and nodded and watched as he slid the door back in place and made his way towards him. Akihito eyed Asami warily once he was settled in the seat facing him.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked with stiff politeness after a moment. When he failed to reply he realized Akihito was still not speaking to him, at first he looked angry with himself, and then confused as if he couldn't understand how they had ended up like this and finally he just looked defeated. He almost felt sorry for him.

"Akihito?" He said quietly after a moment.

"Yes?" He answered

"Is this what our relationship has reached to?

He blinked in surprise at the question.

"What have I done to offend you?" Akihito shook his head from side to side.

"Nothing, nothing at all he said in a mocking tone. Asami's gaze met his.

"Your just going to sit there and mock me telling me nothing is wrong whenever I try to touch you you move away as far from me as you can, you don't even look at me the same." Akihito stared  at him silently, his mine awhirl. How was he supposed to answer that? What could he say? "Oh I'm not angry at all why would I be offended you lied to me kept the truth from me brought me here, took Fei long's side who still refuse to tell me what happen to my sister.
Akihito was rolling his eyes at his own thoughts  when Asami suddenly closed the space between them his soft lips pressed against his Akihito gasp in surprise and he took advantage while his lips were parted slipping his tongue inside he deepen the kiss. Akihito pushed at his shoulder trying to get him off but he would not budge. 

Instead of trying to resist he found himself giving in he didn't know how long they had stayed like that his mind became blank. Suddenly only filled with thoughts of Asami, A cough from the doorway made them glance up to fine Fei long standing in the doorway staring at them when he raised his eyebrows at Asami who finally pulled away from Akihito leaving him stunned and confused.

"I take it you two made up Fei long teased making his way into the room.

Asami nodded. 

"I--" Akihito shook his head helplessly, unsure what anything meant at the moment, he was still trying to understand himself.

Fei long chuckled and patted him on the shoulder gently Akihito blinked in surprise but still couldn't utter a single word. After a moment of awkwardly standing there he finally announce that he was stepping out for some air, the two men nodded and Akihito hurried out of the room when he was no longer in sight Fei long turned to look at Asami as he dropped back into his own seat.

"I can't believe you just did that," Fei long growled as he glared at the man who he once consider his friend. "Especially after everything you have done to him. 

"Despite everything I've done Asami says angrily now standing to his feet. 

"You're the one refusing to tell him what happen to his sister. Your the one keeping him here away from his family who is by the way worried sick about him the only one who is up to something is you.

 Fei long grinned and took Akihito's  seat 

"I've told you Asami all you have to do is bring my niece to me and I'll tell Akihito everything he needs to know its simple.

"And you except me to trust you Asami growled.

"What does trust have anthing to do with this all you have to do  is give Nanami back to me. Honestly, Asami what's with the face no one will blame you just admit it you never wanted to be a father and you don't have to be, all you need is Akihito. Look at the bright side Ayano could finally rest in peace knowing her daughter would be in safe hands I'm giving you a way out. Asami mouth harden with displeasure as he moved forward grabbing Fei long by the neck pushing him farther into the chair his body began to tense.

"You wish to barging with me Asami hissed in his face, your just angry that your sister chose me to raise Nanami instead of you. Now why would you think she would do that Fei long glared at him burning a hole in his eyes Asami smirked he knew he had hit a soft spot. "She doesn't think you can protect Nanami he says shoving himself away from him, Fei long stood to his feet ready to punch Asami in the face but at the last minute decided against it he would not fall into his trap by giving him the satisfaction of being right.

"Their will be no negotiating Nanami stays with me because I'm the best thing for her, so instead of playing games with me you should be more concern about how your going to explain to Akihito how you gave the order to eliminate the woman you claim to love.

A shock expression covered his face as his body froze in place.

"That's the reason you've been keeping him here because you know if you have to tell him what happened you'll have to tell him the entire truth not only did you give the order you watched it happen and never did anything to stop it.