♥Chapter Sixteen: The Blue Rose Part 2 ♥

Terrified. It's the only word he could think of to describe how he felt. As he walked down the path to the meadow, to him each step felt like someone was shoving him than him voluntarily walking on his own. Akira closed his eyes for a brief moment and took a deep breath to calm his nerves, he didn't even notice that he had stopped walking completely allowing Akihito to catch up with him, who had been lagging behind. When Akihito was finally standing by his side he stared down at his brother who was now bent over with his hands on his knees for support his long hair covered his face so Akihito could not see the tears that had slowly begun to slide down his cheeks for once Akira felt grateful that he had grown his hair out. Although he may have prevented his brother from seeing his tears he could not prevent him from seeing the slight shaking of his body Akira shook his head and sighed he waited. He waited for the words he had despised so much to be asked Are you alright. But they never came instead Akihito tapped him on his back and continued walking, grateful to his brother Akira wiped tears from his eyes as his breathing settled. A few moments later he heard him calling out to him.

"Stop lazing around Akira I want to get back before Rin eats all the breakfast. He shouted Akira chuckled as he waved at him, glancing in Akihito's direction he noticed he was a good distance away from him, the last thing he saw was the smirk on his face before he disappeared through the trees. Standing upright he combs his fingers through his hair and made his way in the distance Akihito had gone. But when he reach the tree he stood by, he was nowhere in sight his brows frown and panic settled over him as he called his name repeatedly when he got no reply he began to worry. It had been years since any of them had ventured into the forest so becoming lost would not come as a surprise, although Akira drove back and forth to visit his parents often he would secretly attempt many times to visit his sister's grave the meadow but the pain in his heart would not let him get any further than the edge of the forest.

Calling out his brother's name once more he finally heard a reply to his right and took off running in that direction. Akihito stood to lean up against a tree as he waited for Akira to come through the tall grass, when he saw his brother in sight he couldn't hold back the laughter that exploded throughout his body Akira looked beyond pissed.

"That's not funny he shouted as he made his way towards him. Akihito laughed even harder as Akira glared at him.

"I thought you got lost."

"How could I." We grew up in these woods. Akihito shook his head as he watched his brother trying to catch his breath.

"I guess your not that good at finding people Akihito joked but Akira no longer wanted part in his fun he found nothing funny in his words in fact they pained him
His job as a detective was to find, arrest, protect and serve the people of Tokyo he had brought so many to justice and had saved so many lives except one. His beloved sister who laid in a grave beyond the meadow to the clearing, today marked the anniversary of her death and every year he would pick her favorite flowers in the meadow the blue roses she would call them even though they won't technically roses she didn't care and neither did he they made her happy and that was all he cared about, he loved his sister with all he had within himself she was the best sister he could have ever ask for and it tortured his dreams nightly to know she died in such a vigorous way by someone she claimed to love. No matter how hard he would try to think of something else, anything nothing- not even the pain in his heart -could keep him from remembering that night in Hong Kong.

♦♦♦

Akira's hands trembled, and all he heard was the beating of his heart, he watched in fear as the man pulled her closer to his body with his gun pointed at her head.