Chapter Twenty One: Fearless leader

No regrets the words echoed in his mind over and over again they were a warning. That whatever would be revealed would be permanently stuck in his mind. After all that time there was no going back he had finally made it to Hong Kong in the realm of his sister's murderer and soon within minutes he would be standing before the very man himself. His nerves raced around in his body causing his hands to shake violently taking calm slow breaths he managed to calm himself down before Asami could notice. Before they had landed in Hong Kong Akihito had demanded they go straight to Fei Long's he would not take no for an answer knowing the kind of overprotective person Asami was he knew he would have to put his foot down to get his own way he had expected him to disagree but instead he simply nodded and told the driver to take them straight to private home then he instructed another to take their belongings to the hotel. Both Akihito and Kirishima sat with their mouths open staring blankly at the man before them Kirishima was pissed at his boss while Akihito was trying to figure out what was changing between them he had not realized that by him knowing the truth it would mean the end of their relationship being a part of Asami's life meant being put in the middle of everything. Could he stand by his side fully knowing how great the danger was?

The answer terrified him, Reika had placed her trust in a man who she had thought loved her and in the end, she was betrayed by that same man. But Asami was different. "He is different Akihito whispered the words to himself as if trying to convince himself that Asami was not like Fei Long and it made him sick to his stomach what was really different between them? Was it the fact that Asami was more reasonable or perhaps more kind he groaned in frustration what was it that made Asami so irresistible in his eyes. Why does his heart need him so much? He wanted to scream for the answers to come to him but they didn't, instead they torched him further taking calm breaths he tried to take his mind off his feelings and back to the task ahead but his heart would not let him he didn't even notice when Asami had reached over and took hold of his hand squeezing gentle Akihito looked up and stared at him.

"Akihto." If this is too soon for you, we can always go back to the hotel until your ready.

"No!" He says pulling his hand free from Asami's hold instantly regretting his actions the look he saw in Asami's eyes hurt more than anything he had ever felt.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to.

"There is no need to apologize, Akihito, I get it you want answers but at what cost whatever stupid idea you have built in that brain of yours, you better forget it I agreed to take you to Fei Long I didn't agree to fight a war for you because that's what's going to happen if you go about this the wrong way, if he really did kill your sister he'll admit it trust me he doesn't take credit for something he didn't do.

"So what now you're defending him. I get that you and him are buds but there was nothing right about what he did, my parents need to know the truth, my brother needs closure and you're just sitting there defending him.

"That is not what I'm doing Akihito and you know that!"

"Then what are you doing Asami because from where I'm sitting it looks to me that you're choosing his side.

"I don't give a damn about sides!" I choose my daughter. Do you have any idea what will happen if you choose to start a war with Fei Long, in the end, you won't be giving your family closure you'll just be fanning the fire of your brother's hated. I have many enemies Akihito and the only thing they want is to benefit from this and if they find out about Nanami they will try to hurt her.

"I DON'T CARE!" She's a part of him, that murderer.

Asami's eyes widened and he stared at Akihito blankly the person before him was unrecognizable he had allowed the hate inside of him to fester and spread and now he was beyond Asami's reach.