✴Chapter Seventeen: Time to Fess Up✴

Hey guys sorry for the slow updates but I have been really sick with the flu and plus my internet was down for awhile but anyway here's chapter seventeen hope you like it

The bed-- his bed, Akihito sat in a daze waiting for Asami to emerge from the bathroom it had been well over an hour since he had returned from visiting his sisters grave. He swallowed nervously and began pacing the room when he heard the shower shut off and the door to the bathroom opening he forced his body not to tense, something that usually happens whenever he was around Asami, but it was to late all the blood had already drained from his face and he stood there frozen as Asami's golden eyes found his.

"I've been waiting, he says as if he had expected him to show up.

Asami motioned for him to sit but Akihito refused, Asami slightly nodded closing the door behind him as he moved further into the room.

Akihito felt like melting ice in his presence and he suddenly couldn't remember what he had come to say. Noticing he had gone speechless, he shifted his gaze from the half naked man before him to the picture hanging on the wall.

"Are you just going to stand there all day Akihito?" Or are you going to tell me what you came to say." Instead of answering, he glanced away. Akihito drew in a deep breath as he began.

"Ever since we started this relationship between us I've tried to keep my feeling out of it but the way things are going now I could no longer do that.

"Why. Why now?

Akihito blew out a breath and frowned, as though searching for the right words.

"Maybe it's because I'm stupid or maybe I can't hide anymore, I buried my feeling for so long. I think I understand how my sister felt when she got involved with that man, no matter what Akira or my parents say I know she loved him, why else would she risk so much to be with him? That's why I know what we share is not a mistake. I run away and you... You always find me that's what works for us it's our little amusement."

"But it's no longer enough." Akihito didn't have to put the words in Asami's mouth, but Asami wanted him to know that he understood.

"Yeah. I guess it isn't anymore. Most nights you're not even home I had to take a leave of absence from my job because half of my scoops involved you, do you have any idea how hard I worked on half of those jobs, but whenever your name or even a photo of you shows up I would...Akihito trailed off. He broke eye contact with him to steady his breathing.

"You want change is that what you're asking for?

"I'm not asking you to change. I have never asked that. You're you and I love the man you are but that doesn't mean I have to like what you do." Asami smirked as he attempted to close the distance between them, reaching out he tried to touch his cheek but Akihito stepped away, for a second he saw the hurt plus in his eyes, but then it was gone.

"Akihito..."

Akihito shook his head. His shoulder hunched from the weight of his confession, not wanting to be any closer to him knowing fully well what would happen if he did.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... I guess I should go he said before turning to walk away, he fought back the feeling to turn around but he immediately convinced himself not to. His hand grasped the doorknob but he could not turn it for Asami's hand hovered over his prolonging his escape.

"Let me leave Asami,"

A low groan escaped him, the warmth of Asami's hands on his shoulder sent a shivering heat through him. Helpless to stop it Akihito closed his eyes. If he opened them the harsh gold of Asami's eyes would assault him. He laid his palm softly against Akihito's chest searching for his heartbeat. His heart pulsed hard and fast against Asami's palm.

"I swear I feel like my heart is going crazy.

Asami smiled and took Akihito's hand pressing it to his own chest with a slightly embarrassed smile. Their eyes locked and Akihito felt like time itself had stopped, in his eyes he saw the very depths of his feelings hidden behind tall walls, for once he wanted them to disappear so that nothing would stand between them not even walls.

"If I were to walk out this door, out of your life what would you do?

As the words left his lips Asami's grip tighten instantly around Akihito's hand and his eyes grow hard as he closed the small gaps between them. Akihito's breath trembled as it escaped him Asami towered over him, a sigh of dominance escaping his lips as his other hand found its way in his hair and Asami pulled on it slightly as Akihito's head tilted backwards exposing his neck, Asami kissed his throat and brushed his lips against his skin his breath felt warm and gentle and Akihito inhaled slowly as his eyes found his once more. Asami's fingers toyed with his hair as his entire body trembled.

"You're mine," he whispered. His eyes were like the bright yellow flames of a fire burning into him. "Mine." The words slowly rolled of his tongue just before Asami cupped his face and their lips met, all resistance left his body and he willfully surrendered to the darkness.