THIRTY ONE.

pjm pov

it didn't take much convincing for me to become fully aware of something about my previous relationship with yoongi-hyung —

i was most certainly in the wrong.

i should've allowed him to explain the situation, instead of jumping to random conclusions.

& to make matters worse, i declined all fifty-seven of his phone calls, leaving him no choice but to assume that there was no going back.

"tae, i'm such an asshole. i-i didn't even bother listening to hi—"

"chim, don't. sure, you blew things way out of proportion by not listening to him & assuming the worst, but he also shouldn't have hung out with his ex if the dude made you feel self-conscious," taehyung stated, attempting to reassure his best friend.

before i could degrade myself anymore, jihyo silenced me by gently wiping away my teardrops.

"stop whining about how things are at the moment & go fix things with yoongi, yeah?" she softly whispered, rubbing my shoulder.

i nodded, unplugging my phone from its charger & beginning to initiate a conversation with him on imessage.

jimin: yoongi?

my squishy squish ☹️💞: huh

i felt a sting of agony in my heart as i realized that his contact name never changed.

jimin: uhhh can i pls come over? i wanna talk things out

my squishy squish ☹️💞: uh how abt tmrw? i'm rlly tired rn

i turned toward taehyung & jihyo's direction for verification.

"tomorrow, he said? nah, if he genuinely wants to tie loose ends, you guys better start today," taehyung spoke, feeling quite opinionated.

"hm, i agree with tae. who gives a fuck about sleep if you're trying to fix things with your potential boyfriend?"
(a/n: lmfao, i do)

"eh, i guess you two have a valid point. fuck it, i'm going to his place this instant."

jimin: min, i'm coming over.
delivered 7:34 PM

after exchanging goodbyes with my closest friends, i left the house, sprinting as quick as my tiny legs could take.

i finally arrived at my destination, huffing in annoyance when i noticed that his door was unsurprisingly unlocked.

ugh, i specifically told him not to sleep with his door unlocked.

i inaudibly entered the house, sighing in distress as i inspected his apartment's current state.

disorganized papers scattered across his coffee table, pillows laying on the floor instead of on the couch, & broken beer bottle remnants dispersed on his floor.

i cautiously skipped over the glass remains, dreading the idea of stepping on one.

i walked up the stairs, figuring that he was in his bedroom, asleep.

& yes, i was going to wake him up from his cherished slumber.

i proceeded to go toward his bedroom, slightly apprehensive at the fact that his room door was open.

yoongi never sleeps with his room door wide open, let alone ajar.

i froze in place, overhearing sounds i always feared of listening to.

"aah, yoongi."

tears instantly threatened to well up in my eyes as i heard those sinful words leave someone else's mouth other than mine.

i immediately dashed inside his room, twitching as i caught a glimpse of what kept him so preoccupied.

jinyoung & yoongi immediately parted from each other after noticing my presence.

"jimin-"

"no, it's fine, don't even bother elaborating. honestly, i-it was my fault for intruding, so please enjoy your supposed sleep."

although they were only making out, the pain hit me just as forceful.

yoongi witnessed me leisurely leave his room, not even bothering to chase after me.

i secretly stood behind his door, envisioning myself as jinyoung.

oh, how i envied every, single thing about that flawless man who now had my yoongi.

i felt my eyesight progressively blur before i swiftly wiped away my few tears, refusing to show any emotion.

yoongi was finally satisfied: why would there be tears involved?

my personal thoughts were interrupted by the sound of jinyoung's mellifluous voice.

"yoongi, i love you. t-thank you for leaving him."

so much for them being 'acquaintances.'

"jinyoung?"

"yeah, babe?"

jimin grimaced in anticipation, awaiting yoongi's, 'i love you, too.'

"j-just kiss the pain away," he whispered within the cracks of his husky voice.
(a/n: this line is cheesy as shit 😔👉🏿👈🏿)

jinyoung immediately followed the order & locked lips with him, yearning to end yoongi's intolerable misery.