EIGHT.

jjk pov

"yo, tonight's bouta be the kickback of the century!" hoseok announced, laying on jungkook's bedsheets. yoongi subtly cringed at his attempt at sounding cool.

"is everything set?" i questioned seokjin as i noticed him enter my bedroom.

"yeah, but seulgi's already here. she keeps rambling about how she's gonna find some way to lure you into her bed."

"isn't she that chick who made out with suho a few days back? damn, she's really being passed around, huh?" yoongi added.

"wait, but isn't suho dating that dude who just transferred? i think his name is taeyang or something? i have no idea, but you should've seen the look on his face when that make out session went down," hoseok mentioned, shaking his head in sympathy.

i tensed up at the mention of his name.

well, not exactly his name, but close to it.

i avoided eye contact with namjoon, acknowledging that he was the only individual who knew about my situation with taehyung.

"man, i don't care. if suho wasn't dating him, i'd most definitely tap that," yoongi added while chuckling.

i slightly curled my fists, clenching them as i listened to my friends treat him like an object.

but why the fuck would i care?

he's way too occupied with suho, anyway.

"um, yeah. i think i hear others entering, so let's go introduce ourselves," namjoon interjected, quickly changing the subject.

laying on one of my many couches, completely sober, i witnessed drunk individuals have the time of their lives.

i noticed seulgi approach me, causing me to quickly rise from the couch.

i left my beach house, yearning for fresh air.

then, i glanced to the side & noticed jimin closing his car door.

following behind jimin, of course, was him.

he had on an oversized, gray hoodie, slightly loose blue ripped jeans & basic black vans.

although his outfit was quite casual, my cheeks uncontrollably turned red as a tomato.

i glanced at the dirty blonde & our eyes instantly met.

fuck, no. that's not how it's supposed to go.

i slowly turned my head away & plastered a blank expression on my face.

he went up the porch steps with his head down, avoiding eye contact with me as well.

"tae? hold up, babe!" someone from behind yelled.

suho, i thought, fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

"oh, hey," tae softly replied, smiling as he intertwined fingers with suho.

disgusted at the intimacy, i walked over to my balcony & felt at peace, finally isolated from the others.

kth pov

i felt a bit of happiness knowing that i still meant something to suho.

glancing at our intertwined fingers, i felt my sadness diminishing.

"i'm gonna go. ok, babe?" suho said, walking away.

"ok," i responded, walking over to jimin.

"ew, that suho bitch again?" he asked, shooting a glare at my boyfriend.

"oh, wow. he's walking into the bathroom with another girl. anyways, what's new?" jimin added.

what?

finished with his bullshit, i stomped to the bathroom & swung the door open, revealing suho & some random girl making out.

"that's nice. i've caught you in the act yet again," taehyung said while smirking, trying his very best to hold back his tears.

"get the fuck out, we're having a moment. privacy would be nice, don't you think?" suho asked in an aggravated tone.

"if my boyfriend's making out with someone he doesn't even know the name of, i don't exactly think that privacy is an option."

"yeah, cool."

"fuck, i-i thought you loved me," taehyung whispered, tears running down his face.

"im sorry babe, but you thought wrong. why would i love someone as boring as you? now please leave, you're kind of ruining the moment."

"suho, we're done. don't ever call, text or speak to me ever again, you narcissistic asshole."

"you can count on that since i never really interacted with you in the first place. now shoo shoo, your rants are boring the hell out of me," suho responded, continuing his make out session.

he's drunk. he's most definitely drunk, i thought, aggressively wiping the tears off my cheek while walking away.

but he was completely sober.

desiring the feeling of loneliness, i walked to the backyard & before i could sit, i saw another lonely soul next to me.

"jungkook?"

he didn't answer.

"jungkook, you were right. i'm sorry, but he's just an egotistical asshole who doesn't care for anyone but himself. again, i'm so sorry."

no response.

"jungkook, please answer me. im really hurting & i need someone to speak to," i whispered with my voice breaking.

...

"jungkook!" i yelled at the top of my lungs, not even receiving a flinch from the younger.

"i miss you so much. i miss our long facetime calls, i miss your beautiful vocals, i miss your adorable bunny teeth & so much more. and no, im not saying this because i've called it quits with suho, but i've always felt this way. please, jungkook – speak to me," taehyung begged, praying for a response.

nothing.

footsteps were heard a few feet away, & there was seulgi, the girl who made out with suho a few days back, approaching jungkook.

"jungkook oppa!" she exclaimed, sitting on his lap.

taehyung felt a little bit of relief after hearing no response from him.

great, he isn't only giving me the silent treatment.

"hey, baby girl," jungkook finally responded, wrapping his arms around her waist.