Chapter 48

"Queen Of The Fire Kingdom"

Its been a whole week since I came back, everyone was relieved. I apologised to Shin when I wasn't there for his cousins' welcoming party, I sent a letter of goodbye to Daemon and a part of the letter was an apology while it came to the point that I assigned my own schedule to meet the villagers who brought my book and sign them as an apology for not being there for the release.

Everything was now fixed, Cole and Aliah stopped fighting while Yuna and Tim went deep in their relationship. Andy became my new commander-in-training. As for Quin, she looks at me and smiles whether I am down or not. Ally made me feel more comfortable by always waiting me to wake up before leaving.

At this time I was just in my office acclaiming some important business when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said through flips of pages and saw Journey walk in and bow in front of me. "What is it, Journey?"

Journey:"Nothing but news, Lady Quirie. The alliance of the Fire Kingdom are here, even the queen." She informed.

"Send them some other time." I commanded.

Journey:"Yes, My lady." She bowed and left.

Sooner or later, I heard faint footsteps come towards the door and stops right in front of it. I looked up and saw the door slowly open to none other than the queen of the Fire Kingdom, Elona Imperils.

Elona:"Well, hello there my dear." She entered.

"Queen Elona? Why must you set foot in a time like this in my residence?" I asked.

Elona:"This queen just wants to discuss some very peculiar things." She sat herself on one of the seats in front of me.

I placed my pen down my and pinched the bridge of my nose out of annoyance that was now growing inside me. What does she want from me for her to intrude in my office while I am baffled in crossing through some very high rated notes, letters and documents?

Elona:"I heard many, many things about you Queen Quirie. I've heard of your leadership, of how you managed to fight many ennoble warriors that stand in your kingdom's safety, how you became queen alone for at least a year even before your reign--"

"The reign was within the ceremony of the wedding, of course there was many things fixed in the tradition. I appreciate your visit, Queen Elona. I really do. It is just that... I was actually not informed of this very display of matter in hand. There was no clue of shown gratitude from you before, I have also heard of rumors from the others that you have lost a child of yours, I am very sorry for your loss although I may have the time to rearrange this situation and schedule the meeting some other time... Pardon me, I am very disrespectful to such a noble like you, but surely not have I bothered anyone like you while you are already bothered by other things like this. Now please, I plead of you to leave me for a moment as I tackle through many letters and documents." I shown her an apologetic approach upon her innocent display.

Elona:"I... I understand... I may take my leave now, Queen Quirie. It is your residence after all." She bows and walked out.

Journey:"Lady Quirie, I am so sorry about that... I was just too late when I asked them to leave for a moment, they didn't listen and barged in here--"

"It is alright, Journey. I have spoken to her and told her to visit some other time. Please, when is my schedule free?" I asked.

Journey:"Well... Tomorrow you will be in the conference with King Ally and the Generals. Then the day after that you will be on your second day book signing. And then the day after that you will be on Lady Yuna's birthday, and then the next three days you will be assigning the guardsmen to their stations." She listed.