Chapter 5

"The corrupted memories"

Laurence:"Why couldn't you do it? Finish me! That's all you wanted right? Right!?" He yelled.

"What...?" I looked up at him.

Laurence:"That's all you wanted! That's all you have to do to get rid of me! Right!?" He yelled.

"No... I would never kill you..." I whispered.

Laurence:"And why?" He asked.

"Because... That is a crime..." I stuttered.

Laurence:"I don't care. Finish me already!" He commanded.

"No! I don't do that!" I stood up and turned around.

Laurence:"Hey! Don't turn away from me!" He yelled.

"We are done here. Journey. Take him to my office." I commanded.

Journey:"Eh? Ah! Yes sire!" She snapped.

Hahn:"Wait! Babe! How about the match making--"

"I will figure that out later on." I interrupted.

Journey:"Sir... Uh... Laurence? Please.... Stand up. You are needed at the office." I heard her say.

Laurence:"Okay. Although I would need some help standing up." He replied.

--At the office--

"Laurence, you wanted a kingdom of your own?" I asked.

Laurence:"Yes. For all I'm worth." He replied.

"Then show me that you are worthy of it." I commanded.

Laurence:"Well.... What kingdom am I going to rule if your already engaged? I thought you and I are going to rule together?" He hesitated.

"Eh? I-- I mean no. I were taking that stupid joke seriously. I changed, Laurence. You did too. Not all of us will stay that way. Look at me now." I sighed. "Laurence? Maybe I'll give you this... I found your mother. And she told me of you being the next ruler of the southern part of the light kingdom. You knew Ian? He's your brother."

Laurence:"He... He is? Then... Who are you?" He asked.

"I am certainly a descendant of the air kingdom. Unknown with my own ability now. I can't sit. Although through all that. I knew my position as queen and now I'm being forced into choosing from ten different men." I explained.

Laurence:"Oh, that does explain your... Insecurity..." He helplessly replied.

"Okay. I will send you back to the light kingdom, they will welcome you. Do not worry of me. I will be in handle of my own country, but we will see each other soon. May the heavens be with you." I greeted farewell to my best friend.

Laurence:"You too. Thank you, Quirie." He smiled holding my hand with both hands instead of shaking it. "Goodbye."

"Goodbye, buddy." He let go of my hand and walked off with the letter I wrote back to his mother and waved before he could close the door.

I sat down helplessly hearing decidual arrogance in my head. I wasn't supposed to be like this if I just let my mother put me into an arranged marriage. I have an hour left until the match making ceremony and I don't know who to choose from because I've been sleeping for the past two weeks. What do I do now?

I rubbed my head from the bad headache I had and opened my eyes to see a helpless child about four or five years old in my room.

"Huh? Child, what are you doing here?" I asked.