Chapter 22

"Quirie's aunt"

"What have you come here for?" I asked

Xandy:"We come forth to here for Louis. I am not allowing her to destroy this community." She began.

Alex:"Yes, and I will not let her cross though to the whole kingdom." He continued.

"And so you thought she was in the castle?" I finished, they nodded. "I have not seen him for years."

Alex:"Then one of your guards must've seen her?" He suggested.

"General Cyrus." I called.

Cyrus:"Yes sire?" He bowed.

"Please ask every guard if they had seen Louis Delouris." I commanded.

Cyrus:"Yes ma'am!" He raise his hand across his brows and left.

"We will report if we had found her. I am horribly sorry for slaying your army." I bowed.

Xandy:"We understand that it is for your safety. Their work is to protect us after all. They will risk their life for it. May they rest in peace." She closed her eyes.

Alex:"Take care of your kingdom Quirie. You will not know what will come out of the dark when it comes to Louis." He warned.

"I will. Thank you for informing us, Alex. Xandy. You may leave now. I have many to fix." They bowed and left.

Zander:"So what did they say?" He asked.

"Louis... She is here." I walked down the hallway.

Zander:"She is-- I mean really?" He snapped.

"Yes, she is. I know she is not strong although she has power when it comes to mind slaves." I opened the door towards the general's office.

Zander:"So what's your plan?" He asked.

"Defeat the enemy. Save the town." I opened the map. "Now, Cyrus? From what I saw... The enemy entered from this region. I am sure you can plant explosives on that old bridge for a trap. I will be the one to blame if that is not a truce."

Cyrus:"Yes sire. In command of my duty I will." He bowed.

"Now... Compile some of the best guards in our army and group them at the back and front entrances. Also hide back up just in case. If there is something wrong... I will know." I smirked.

Cyrus:"Yes sire." He bowed and left.

Zander:"Best. Queen. Ever." He smiled.

"As always." He shuffled my hair.

--Time skip--

Ruth:"What am I supposed to do again?" She asked.

"Your supposed to make a diversion. You need to Mae a diversion when Louis comes. She will be on the look out for mind slaves. For that you might want to protect your ears." I explained.

Ruth:"I can give all of your some headsets." We smiled.

"Yes... If that could help." I walked out.

--After a whole day of preparing for battle--

"Wooh! That was the last paper! Finally." I signed in relief.

Zander:"And that was the thousandth coffee." He sweated.

"I know. I'm sure one more wouldn't hurt?" I asked waving my mug in front of him.

Zander:"How do you fit all of that in your slim body?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I shrugged. "Well forget about that! I'm sure I would just sleep and just relax."

I walked out the door and shut it behind me.

"Wooh. It's better to just sleep this night away, Quirie." I said to myself and swept off to my room.

I reached my door and opened it with a feeling of being followed. If I could not be mistaken this was someone I never knew. But in that way I just forgot about it caused my me not being sure if that was just my imagination. I went to the bathroom to shower and clothed. After a few minutes I went out and sat on my bed. With my eyes soggy in lose of lack of sleep I lay down and closed my eyes.

--The next morning--

"Cyrus? How was the operation last night?" I asked still wearing a kimono.

Cyrus:"Nothing bad ma'am. We had nothing to worry, neither do you sire. We have everything under control.

"Good. The group A?" I asked.

Cyrus:"Right here sire, that is group A. Over there, like you wanted is group B and C. We have all you wished for brought to life." He bowed.

"Thank you. I am now sure that this ship will sail right at it's victory." I smiled.

Cyrus:"it is my duty sire." He bowed and left.

Journey:"Anything to do sire?" She asked.

"Hmm I think... The invitations are perfectly fixed... The letters... The--" I caught a ball that was straight up my face. "Huh? They must be playing.

Journey:"Sire, look!" She pointed.

Ruth:"Quirie! Over here!" I looked around.

Zander:"Want to play baseball with us?" He asked.

"I would love to, but... I have work. I apologise." I smiled sadly.

Ally:"I'm sure it is fine. We have other things to do as well. I have to go. I might be late. Bye!" He waved.

Journey:"Bye!" She returned.

Zander:"Now we're missing a player..." He sighed exaggeratedly.

"Heh. Journey is a good pitcher." I smiled.

Journey:"Oh, I would not say good." She blushed.

"Go ahead Journey!" I cheered.

Journey:"Okay! Oh! Uh... Sire, may I excuse my--"

"I was the one who told you to, of course you may." I interrupted.

Journey:"Thank you sire!" She bowed.

"Your welcome." I waved which she returned.

Renevia:"I see you are having fun." She smiled.

"I am mother. I am." My smiled disappeared into a frown. "But as soon as this problem gets worse... I have to get ready."

Renevia:"About the dark entities?" She presumed.

"Yes, mother. And more o the bandits of aunt Louis." I nodded. "I won't let her beat me to the safety of our kingdom."

Renevia:"That is right, Quirie. I am sure you can handle of this." She assured.

"I do wish mother... I wish..." I furrowed my brows.