War and Memories (Chapter 34)

Katso glances over at the sleeping teens. He quickly looks back to his hands to avoid wanting to release them. Everything he stood for was being broken by having teenagers as hostages.

He hated every moment of this.

With a deep sigh, Katso heads out of the cave to look at the black sky dotted with white stars. He had no idea what stars were until he was revived and frankly, all of these new technologies were beyond him.

What happened to a good 'ol fist to face?

No matter. I shall be dead again anyway, so what is even the point in this? Clearly I was meant to die alone, Katso thinks glumly.

"What are you contemplating now?"

Katso jolts around to the source of the voice and almost attacked the mysterious mage he met before.

His reviver for whatever reason.

"If you must know, I am regretting kidnapping teenagers," Katso throws him a glare before putting his hand back to his side.

"Why?" The mage jumps down from the top of the cave and lands next to Katso, instantly making the war general tense up.

"Because they are kids," Katso states as though it's obvious, because it is. "What have they even done wrong? You tell me, mage, of the prophecy from the beginning of time but they have not done anything yet. In fact, I think them being here will be the reason it comes true no?"

"You're actually a lot smarter than the books give you credit for you know," the mage replies. "Have you ever read about yourself?"

"Well, I have not," Katso answers, knowing that he didn't know anything about this mage while the mage knew everything about him. He couldn't just force the mage to talk, even if he wanted to.

"You should. Aren't you the least bit curious as to how the world remembers you?" The mage tempts. "It's not all good but it's not bad either. You're an honorable mage General Katso. Not to mention your intelligence is a lot more than the mages of your time."

"That was back then, I am the dumbest mage alive now," Katso points out. "But I have no need to read about how the world remembers me...I am going to die alone regardless."

"But you don't have to," the mage brings up. "You don't have to die alone Katso. Take Amy with you. May as well, seeing as you two are the last Burns alive anyway. Do you want her to suffer like you are?"

"No, I do not wish for anyone of my blood to experience this pain," Katso speaks the truth but also to keep up with whatever the mysterious mage's scheme is. "But taking them with me...Amy has lived perfectly fine without her blood. She will be okay."

"After knowing that you were alive?" The mage keeps prodding. "After all of this you think she's not going to want to be with her blood? Take Amy with you Katso. You don't have to be alone."

His argument is very stupid, Katso thinks to himself. But I can not let him think that I am very intelligent otherwise they might take other precautions...play along until this is all over Katso. The art of war is always handy.

"I don't have to be alone..." Katso repeats the words, as though to consider the course of action that the mysterious mage suggested. Not that he was, but he had to in order to keep himself safe.

"That's right General Katso," the mage pats his shoulder and Katso stiffens. "When Amy comes here to find the teens, you can take her with you and then you won't have to die alone. Just think about it."

"I will, now if you would kindly excuse me, I would like to get some sleep," Katso figures it's better to limit his interaction with the mysterious mage directly rather than talk and get nowhere.