It's the Little Things (Chapter 28)

Sasha wakes up to Amy pacing around, her hair reaching her shoulders. Raising an eyebrow, Sasha gets out of bed and eyes that Amy didn't set aside her pillow and blanket.

"Everything okay?" Sasha questions.

"Huh? Oh my gosh, I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" Amy replies. Sasha shakes her head, yawning and stretching out her arms. "Oh right, promise me you won't make fun of me alright? I need to get this out."

"Sure, I won't," Sasha promises. Amy takes a deep breath before starting.

"Remember the Staff World? I keep on having dreams that we're still there! Not really, but you know...reliving all those memories again," Amy runs a hand through her hair. Sasha could now notice the bright pink on Amy's cheeks and Sasha couldn't help but smirk.

"Oh. You're dreaming of-" Amy covers Sasha's mouth with her hand.

"I am and I don't know why it keeps on happening," Amy removes her hand. "It's so annoying! I'm literally done with my fucking brain!"

"Pfft," Sasha couldn't hold back her laughter. "I'm sorry, but you're trying so hard to deny it. Aren't you trying to love being yourself? Shouldn't you love the fact that you still have the ability to love someone?"

Amy takes a minute to let that sink in, feeling that Sasha has a very valid and solid point. She slowly nods, feeling herself becoming more happy with herself.

"This is going to sound weird but...do you love being yourself Sasha?" Amy asks.

"That's way too deep a question to be asking right when I woke up, but," Sasha smiles softly. "I do love being myself. I love the way I'm so quick and can learn different techniques easily. I love my hair because man, it's really pretty. I love my body, scars and everything."

"I'm glad," Amy smiles. "I'm glad you love being yourself."

"And you will too. It's obvious how much more comfortable you're becoming in your skin and that's really great," Sasha pipes in.

"You think so?" Amy ties her hair up in a ponytail. "I wasn't sure if the little things were making a difference."

"They sure are, and I'm pretty sure everyone else recognizes it too," Sasha nods. "Whatever you've been doing is working. Now, I'm gonna go to the bathroom and then eat something delicious for breakfast."

"Haha, yeah, you do that, I'm gonna get something delicious for myself," Amy laughs as she walks towards the kitchen. Sasha comes out a few minutes later and Amy tosses her an apple. "I've been meaning to ask, how do you deal with the urges to do bad things? Not that I think you would have these thoughts or urges but I was just wondering that if you do-"

"-I do get sudden urges to do something bad but that's just something I have to work on. Hence why I nearly attacked Brenton multiple times, if someone's being too nice, they're bad, is how I've been raised," Sasha shrugs, biting into the apple. "I have to work on myself when it comes to trusting you guys but because I trust myself, I think it'll be easy to trust all of you."

"You're really wise," Amy seems surprised that Sasha was being so deep so early in the morning.

"My mom-Vada-taught me everything in telling you. She...she's a great mom," Sasha stares at the apple.

"Do you think you can forgive her?"

"...I don't know. I'm not mad about it anymore but I just don't know how I feel about it. It's more like...betrayal? Someone who I've trusted all my life tells me that and now I don't know what to think. I'll forgive her, but things can't be the same between us anymore. I didn't even know my parents...so I guess the anger didn't bother sticking around for too long..."