I Killed Your Parents (Chapter 13)

Ku leads Sasha through the spiraling staircase and down to the floor which is pretty much dedicated to him. Well, to Gold Staff anyway.

It's too dark for the criminals locked away to see them so Ku doesn't find the need to put on his mask.

"Well look, you decided to show up," Vada looks up from her ruby necklace. Her brown eyes dart over to the mage behind him. "Sasha?" Vada jumps up, her fading black hair bounces up with her.

"Mom!" Sasha cries out, reaching over to the shield and places her hand on it. Vada does the same, longing to hold her baby girl. "I've missed you..." Sasha finds herself tearing up.

"I've missed you too," Vada blinks back tears. "Gosh, you evil brother! You kept her away for so long!"

"I am truly sorry Vada," Ku apologizes. "But a lot of things have happened and now as well...our next will be a while from now."

"Why? What's wrong?" Vada questions, wiping away her tears and Sasha subconsciously tries to wipe them away and that breaks both Powers' siblings' hearts.

"General Katso has woken up from the dead," Ku answers, his voice low.

"Um, the General Katso from the Vampire War?" Vada questions.

"The one and only mom," Sasha grins.

"Gosh, Sasha you stay away from that vampire you hear me?" Vada instructs. "He is dangerous and way more powerful than you!"

"Mom, I took down Nyx with the help of Red Sport but ya know," Sasha brags.

"You did what?! Sasha!" Vada scolds. "Be careful! Ku, why are you letting her do such dangerous things?!"

"You are the one who let her do them in the first place," Ku shrugs with a smile on his face. "She followed her instincts."

"And we got stuck in the Staff world, you know the mind Reality Bender? Nyx used it on me and my friends and it was pretty cool," Sasha's eyes light up as she talks to her mom. She then tells her everything that happened, how Owen and Urana realized and both siblings laugh.

Sasha told her about Nyx after that and how she took her down with Red Sport along with all the little things. Then she explained about General Katso.

"Oh, poor Brenton," Vada sympathetically frowns. "You keep an eye on him, Ku, he's in a dangerous place."

"I know," Ku nods. "Besides, you wanted to tell Sasha something...?"

"Tell me what?" Sasha questions, she felt too happy to be hit with bad news.

"That..." Vada looks awkwardly at the ground then finds that she can't look at Sasha in the eye. "I...um, I didn't pick you up from the streets or anything. Uh, I um, killed your parents when you were born..."

"You what..?" Sasha wasn't sure if she heard correctly.

"I'm so sorry Sasha, but I killed them," Vada looks down in shame, feeling Sasha's gaze harden.

"You...you ruined my chances...of being...because of you...!" Sasha couldn't find the words. She backs away from the shield. "All that being alone was completely worthless?! Do you know how much I had to fight in order to be with the mage who killed my parents?!"

"I'm sorry Sasha, I'm really sorry," Vada knows it doesn't make a difference.

"No. Sorry doesn't bring up my chances of knowing my family. Nor does it bring back the chances of me being completely accepted by the others. I hurt them because of you!" Sasha's purple eyes show rage. "Sensei, I'm going upstairs." With that, she storms off.