How Do You Know?! (Chapter 21)

Red finishes cleaning up the house. The departure of the teens and Amy and Ku makes the house fall silent. Scott and Quill have already gone to bed.

The older brother checks on them, each of them sleeping in Ku's room and Red smiles at seeing them so peaceful.

He goes over to his room to check if everything is in order. Red glances over at the window, then looks back at the door. He quickly looks back at the window to see a blue-haired mage.

Red's eyes glow as he approaches his window. Madison knocks on the window pane, waving at him.

What surprised him is that she's wearing his hoodie. Red watches as she backs away from the window as he opens it slightly.

The house defenses would go off if she tried anything.

"What are you doing here?" Red narrows his eyes, his aim directly at Madison's hands.

"Miss me hotshot?" Madison grins, coming closer to the window.

"Again, what do you want Madison?" Red wishes he could have Scott's magic and call someone.

"You didn't reply to my message, I'm hurt. You always reply to me," Madison looks hurt.

"What the hell makes you think I would take a threat from you?" Red's eyes glow brighter.

"You're scared. Perfect," Madison smirks. "Let me tell you something Red. I know those teenagers you're hanging out with lately are the Elemental Masters."

Red blinks back his surprise. This is way too crucial of a moment to slip up in. Instead, he puts on a questioning look.

"No one knows the Elemental Masters of this generation," Red says. "Those teenagers are orphans."

"Yeah right. The Elemental Masters debuted as heroes when Wysteria came with you. That's the same time I saw the teenagers come to your place," Madison could smell that she got him.

"You're ridiculous as usual Madison now get the hell out of here before I-"

"-before you what? Attack me? Please, you and I both know you can't."

Red gulps silently. Truth be told, Red grew to fear Madison over the years. Sure he was stronger but he didn't know if he could actually bring himself to hurt someone he used to love.

"So kindly step out of your house and come with me," Madison instructs. "Or I go viral with the information."

"Or, maybe you could back off of my brother-in-law?"

Madison turns around sees Xander standing there with his hands in his pockets. Red's eyes widen.

I have to protect him, Red instantly jumps out of the window and grabs Madison's hands and puts them behind her back.

"Wake up Scott," Red calls out to Xander and he nods before running inside. Red was thankful for the push to make a move against Madison.

"There's the Red I know," Madison turns her head a little. Red tightens his grip on Madison's wrists, fear pulsing through his body. "Woah there, easy on the wrists will you? Since when were you so rough?"

Red didn't say anything. Instead he watches as the lights turn on his house. Madison kicks him backwards and Red releases Madison for a moment before he grabs her arm and throws her onto the ground.

"Paralysis," Madison mumbles and swings her arm at his legs. Red jumps back as red lasers come out from his eyes. They reach Madison's hand and cancel out her magic.