This is Murder (Chapter 4)

Ku looks down at his phone that is in his hands and rereads the message he has gotten.

Amy: the police want to see us

Worry pulses through Ku, he couldn't get arrested, or deemed unworthy to take care of the teens...where would they go? No, Ku has to be here for them.

I will be here for them, Ku thinks with determination. I will not leave Brenton alone. Besides, what did I even do to get arrested?

He spots Amy at the police station, wearing something a bit more formal looking than her usual gym outfit.

"Do you know why?" Ku asks, joining Amy and the two of them go into the police station. It's small, but enough for the town.

The walls are lined with police officer pictures and in front of them are desks, that are probably all for the officers. There is a bigger one in front of all of them, with an old lady.

Who the hell told her to be the clerk lady here? Amy rolls her eyes, recognizing the old lady from the Staff world. She might not be the same person Amy, jeez.

"Are you okay?" Ku questions. "I am sorry, I should have asked that first."

"It's okay, I'm all good," Amy smiles. "I heard what happened...is Brenton okay?"

"Not really," Ku sighs, going up to the main desk. "This really has him shaken."

"Perfectly reasonable," Amy nods her head and offers a kind smile to the old lady as she looks up.

The old lady has a bored face on as she looks up from the computer. She frowns, and Amy could swear the lady's frown could run off from her face.

Amy throws a frown back, finding herself getting annoyed.

"What's your business here?" The old lady questions, pushing up her glasses that rested on the tip of her nose.

"Ah, hello, I am Ku and this is Amy," Ku smiles, and Amy didn't get how he was putting on a smile even though this lady was clearly not welcoming.

She's being a complete ass and here he is throwing her a smile like nothing's wrong, Amy growls under her breath.

The old lady blinks.

"So? What's your business here?" She raises an eyebrow. "Your names don't matter."

Um, rude! Amy fights the urge to smack the table and tell her off. Only because Ku is there did Amy stop herself, she didn't want to look like she couldn't control her emotions in front of him.

"Ah, well, we both were called over here...the police wanted to see us..." Ku's smile doesn't falter for a moment as he answers.

"Over here Mr. Powers," an officer, the same as the one they've encountered before, waves them over from a door.

Amy and Ku make their way over and enter a small room with a table and three chairs. Amy and Ku sit on the side with two chairs while the officer sits opposite to them.

"Glad you two could come," the officer smiles politely and inclines their head. Amy and Ku incline their heads back to return the gesture.

"So, why exactly are we here?" Amy questions, wondering why they were both being called in.

"Because the teens you two hang around are the ones who have their parents die," the officer states, putting in front of them a file on Alex, Owen, and Sasha, although no one really knows her parents. Then they pull out Brenton's.

"Huh, Owen's name isn't just Owen Barnes," Amy muses, looking over the long name. "Oh, he's got two first names."

"Not the point," the officer points to the parent section of each file. Alex, Brenton, and Owen all saying 'dead' and Sasha's saying 'assumingely dead.'