|| • Chapter 67 • ||

I woke up the next with the feeling of dread in my stomach, or it might've been the weight of Bryn's arm draped across it. Either way there was something weighing it down. Slowly and carefully I pushed his arm off me. When he shifted onto his other side I paused my actions and waited for a bit until he settled in again. When it was clear he wasn't getting up I continued my pursuit in getting out of the bed.

I slipped out on my side instead of crawling over him like I usually would.

I had seven hours until I had a flight to catch. Just like the flight out here I didn't want to leave. I would probably cling in to Bryn harder than I did my doorframe back home. Leaving him would be the hardest thing ever.

I picked my shorts up from yesterday and slipped them on. I then pulled on one of his shirts and left out the room. Before I got outside on the deck I slipped on some sandals. I unlocked the patio door and slowly opened it.

The air was cool. It wasn't too cold and it wasn't warm either, nor was it lukewarm. It was just cool. I closed the door behind me and went over to the banister. I leaned against it and allowed the slight breeze to blow through my hair.

We were back in his beach house in Santa Monica. We spent all of yesterday packing my clothes into my suitcases. We then transported the suitcases from his apartment in Long Beach to Christas where we will depart to the airport.

Since I was right off the beach the air smelled of salt water. The time I've been here I've gotten used to the smell and grown a liking to it.

I stood there and watched as the sun rose, allowing it's warmth to envelope me. Maybe it would also inject a happy feeling inside of me. I was going home. I was going to see Mr and Mrs Fancy. I was going to tell them about Bryn and show them Baby Fancy. I'm going to hug mittens until she broke free of my grasps.

Luke was going to be there as well. We we're going to have a great time together.

Yet I feel nothing but dread inside of me. I was leaving behind friendships, family, a relationship for an education. In my opinion it was pretty selfish seeming I could get the same degree here in California yet I was too stubborn to change schools.

I dipped my head and and stroked my hair out of my face, letting out a heavy sigh.

I bring my arms in to hug myself and bite down on my lip.

You aren't selfish and you aren't stubborn.

I shook my head. I could try and convince myself of that but I wouldn't believe it.

Letting out a sigh I turned around and let out a startled gasps.

"You aren't supposed to be up." He frowns, stepping closer to me.

"I know, I just couldn't sleep you know." I shrug my shoulders

He caresses my cheek and smile.

"We still have 5 hours until you leave."

"I've been out here for two hours?" I asked in disbelief.

"Looks like it." He laughs, running his fingers through my wind swept hair and places a kiss against my forehead. "How about you go and take a shower. I'll fix you breakfast." He looks down at me.

I nod my head and walk around him and back into the house.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • || • || • ||

"Oh my baby is leaving us again." My mom groans as she hugs me tightly.

My parents were staying behind to wrap up Luke's custody case. Turns out she's going to be getting partial custody after all.