|| • Chapter 59 • ||

I crawl into the bed next to Bryn and rest my head on his shoulders, I stare up at him a bit before letting out a heavy sigh. He peeks under one eye at me and smiles.

"Yes?" He says with light humor in his voice.

"Are we just going to lay in bed all day?" I asked, sitting up.

"Well there's really nothing to do." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Nothing to do? There's a beach in our backyard!" I exclaim pointing towards what I think is the back of the house.

"You just said our." A wicked grin crosses his lips.

"I-I did?" I asked and he nodded his head. "No I said your." I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm positive I said your. This isn't my house." I shift onto my knees.

"It will be." He takes my hand and kisses the tips of my fingers.

"But I said your. I could've sworn I did." I pull my hand back to tuck my hair out of my face.

He lets out a sigh and props himself up on his elbows. "Whatever you say kleine Blume." He bites down on his lip.

"Can we just get out of the house." I place my hands in my lap.

"Why? What are you afraid of?" He laughs.

"I'm not afraid, it's just that I think Dylan..." I trail off shaking my head.

"You think Dylan, what?" He arches his brow.

I start messing with my fingers and chewing on my bottom lip.

"You think she's what Amelia?" He sits up, a defensive tone in his voice.

"I think she's trying to kill one of us." I blurt out as I close my eyes.

I didn't want to see the pointed look he was giving me. There was a long pause of silence and this causes me to open my eyes.

"I know." He whispers.

"Then why is she still here?" I ask sharply.

"Because I'm working on it ok." He replies.

"Bryn I don't want you involved in anything else that involves you getting hurt." I hold his face in both my hands.

"I'm not I promise." He smiles.

"I'm serious Brayline. If you do I will leave you in a heart beat." I try and keep my voice firm as I say this lie.

"No you won't." He smirks.

"Yes I will. You quit work for a reason, not to do it as a side job." I pull my hands away.

"I know." He sighs once again. "I just feel useless now." He lays back down.

"Babe you're not useless." I maneuver myself so I was sitting on his lap, straddling him.

"Yes I am." He runs his hands down his face.

"You're not, you can spend less time protecting other people and more time protecting me." I lean down I kiss him softly.

He kisses me back and we go back and forth kissing each other until he grows tired of it and stops kissing me back. I sit back up and he sits up as well and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Maybe I could get a job in the police department?" He smiled and I shake my head. "The fire department?" I shake my head.

"Nothing that involves you getting hurt." I poked him in this chest.