|| • Chapter 29 • ||

After single handedly changing my underwear, sticking in a tampon and put on some sweats and a t-shirt-it took all but five minutes-I met Bryn in the hallway near my room.

"It sounded like you were struggling in there. I could've helped." He stood up from the floor.

"You've seen my breast, you're not seeing my vagina until we actually do it." I felt a lump form in my throat.

Especially not while there's a string dangling out of it.

"Why did you need to change?" He arched his brow.

"I uh, had blood on my jeans from my hand." I felt a blush creep along my cheeks. "Can we just leave?" I looked away and he laughed.

He drove me to the hospital in his car. Everyone followed behind in their cars. My dad wanted me to ride with him, my mom and Christa but I chose to ride with Bryn.

"You know you guys need to work things out soon." I looked over at him.

The whole car ride was quiet with the soft hum of the radio as background noise. It was only because Bryn was pissed. My dad wasn't thrilled about me riding with Bryn so he called him a good for nothing, spoiled rich brat who didn't know the value of a dollar, when he was anything but. He also said he wasn't good enough for me and I had to use my one good hand to keep him from punching him in the face.

"He has no right to be mean to me. I did nothing to him." He grumbled.

"Well you keep trying to anger him." I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"How? I'm just being myself." He glances over at me.

"You basically rubbed it in his face that we were dating." I sigh.

"What? I haven't seen you all day so of course I'm going to kiss you." He frowns slightly.

"That's not the point Bryn. My dad's old fashion he expects a guy to ask for his blessing before jumping into a relationship with me."

"I'm asking you to be my girlfriend not marry me. If he doesn't like it oh well." He shrugs and pulls off the freeway.

We fell into a silence once again. It didn't last for long though.

"I saw they way you were looking at Helen." He says in a mocking tone.

"She was all over you and nobody seemed to care!" I exclaim. "Not even her husband. The woman's a cougar I tell you!" I felt my cheeks heat up at my sudden outburst.

"I enjoyed watching you cut her with your eyes. Jealousy fits you nicely." He reaches over and grabs my good hand, luckily for him it was closest to him.

"I wasn't jealous!" I snapped without realizing it.

"You were so jealous." He began to slip his fingers through the slits of mine.

I pull my hand away before he could finish and turn out the window.

I wasn't jealous. I didn't get jealous.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • || • ||

I stare at the black x's stretching up towards my thumb. I couldn't move my hand. I couldn't feel my hand. It was surprising it was even there.

I let out a laugh and lean on to Bryns shoulder. He let out a groan and I didn't pay it any attention. My head kind of just fell against his shoulder instead of gently laying on it.