|| • Chapter 1 • ||

|| • Chapter 1 • ||

The day my parents told me I was spending my last summer at home, not at home, but with my Aunt Christa in southern Cali I felt like my life was over. Not only was I going to miss my cat's birthday but I couldn't bring the Fancies. It was either one or none and you can't just have one or the other would get lonely.

"You can't be mad at me." I say shifting on my knees.

"Yes I can." I say in a deep voice turning Mr. Fancy's head away from me. "You're leaving both of us for three months, what are we nothing to you?" I quickly snap his head back towards me and I flinch at his sudden outburst.

"It's not my fault! My parents want me to go. I want to bring you guys, both of you." I say in my normal voice.

"Now dear." I say in my Mrs. Fancy voice, she sounded more like an old lady but who cared. "She's spent her whole life with us, don't you think it's time she goes out and get some real friends." She propose and both Mr. Fancy and I look at her as she has lost her stuffing.

"No!" I shout in my Mr. Fancy voice.

"Amelia we're leaving." My mom says from my door frame.

I look over my shoulder at her. She was wearing an off white sun dress and her sun glasses her pushing her brown hair away from her face. Her tan skin seemed to glow more than usual.

Maybe because she went tanning yesterday, but that could also not be it.

"Mom can I please bring both of them." I quickly scoop them off the floor and hug them close to my body. "I will not survive without the Fancies." I poked out my bottom lip and began pouting.

"No Amelia, we've been through this already plus it's to late." She walks over to me and takes them out my arms.

I watch as she walks over to my bed and puts them both in their respective places. When they were picture perfect I let out the breath I had been holding in and relaxed. I wasn't expecting when she walked over to me and gripping my arms and pulled me off the floor.

"Wait! No! I can't leave! I hadn't said goodbye yet!" I cry out as she tries tugging me to the door. "Bye Mr. Fancy! Take care of Mrs. Fancy!" I shout, gripping the door frame refusing to let go.

She was now gripping me by my waist and my feet were no longer on the ground.

"Bye Mrs. Fancy! Please, please, please take care of Mr. Fancy for me!" I beg her.

"Come on." She gives me one more tug and my fingers lose there grip and she carries me through the hall.

We go past mittens condo and I quickly scoop her up.

"Bye mittens." I murmur into her fur. "I hope you have a purrfect birthday. Eat lots of salmon cake." I let her slip out my arms. "But not to much or you'll get sick!" I remind her and she meows as if she's agreeing not to. "Mom, do not feed her too much salmon cake!" I turn towrds her in a panic.

"I won't let her." She says handing me my carry on.

It felt heavier than when I carried it out my room and into the small hall by the front door. There were mostly books in here. I needed something to do over the summer since my best friends weren't going to be there.

My dad was standing by the car and he smiled at me.

"All ready to go?" He asks as I walk towards him.

"No." I grumble, giving him a very grim look.

"What are you missing?" He frowns.

"Mr and Mrs Fancy." I say lifting up a finger. "Mittens." I lift up another and he shakes his head.