|| • Chapter 57 • ||

"He's been 40 minutes away from us this whole time!" Kelsey exclaimed. "Get this he escaped three fùcking days ago. Three days!" She fell back against the bed.

I felt betrayed. I felt lead on. I felt...I felt joy. Ok yes none of those went together but u was happy. He was ok. He was ok.

"Six hours. Six fùcking hours for nothing! I'm so stupid." She huffed.

"Kelsey!" I snap at her a little to excitedly. I shift onto my knees. "Why are you so mad?"

"Why am I mad?" She asked sitting up and I nod my head. "I'm mad because I fùcking drove six hours for nothing. I'm mad because a he's been above us this whole time. I'm mad because he didn't have the audacity to tell us he was ok or where he was!"

"That's it." I smile. "That's just the thing. He is ok. We drove all this way to find that out didn't we?" I wait for her to reply but when it didn't come I continued. "That six hour drive wasn't for nothing. Plus we got to know each other a little better during that time." I try and convince.

"I guess." She sighs.

"Can we leave now?" I bite on my lip.

"Now? We'll get there by three in the morning." She says a little skeptical.

"Then we wait it out once we get there." I swung me feet off the bed and onto the floor. "Please Kelsey, please." I crawled into her bed and gave her my best puppy face.

She huffed and looked away.

"Fine, be lucky I know where a close motel is near his beach house." She grumbles.

"He has a beach house?" My eyes widen.

"Of course he does." He grunts.

|| • || • || • || • || • ||

Kelsey wasn't to thrilled when I woke her up at ten in the morning yelling at her to get dressed. We didn't arrive in Santa Monica till 5 seeming there was late night traffic. We didn't fall asleep till seven because it took forever to check into the motel and find our room.

She got up anyway and we drove to Bryns beach house. It wasn't isolated like I figured it was. I was a cute little simple one story house. It had nice green grass that looked and smelled freshly cut.

There were houses slightly similar to it surrounding it.

Kelsey parked in front of the house and we filed out of the car. As we approached the house I could feel his presence inside it. I looked at Kelsey as she dug around a bush and pulled out a single silver key.

"Found it." She smiled and went to unlock the door.

I made a mental note of that for the future.

She pushed open the door and motioned for me to go inside. I took a deep breath and stepped over the threshold.

Once in the house I wanted to turn back around and leave. It was like stepping into uncharted territory. I didn't like the feeling of it.

Directly across the living room was a patio door that led to a wooden deck. As Kelsey closed the door behind her I made my way towards it.

I gripped the handle and pulled on it. I didn't expect it to be unlocked so when it opened I let out a startled gasps.

I stepped out into the deck and it was higher than expected. It had for steps that lead into the sand and the rest was just beach. It was actually breath taking.