|| • Chapter 33 • ||

Sometime after Kelsey's visit I fell asleep. I didn't wake back up until Bryn walked into the room about three hours later.

"Your mom called." He brushed my hair from my face. I was still fairly tired. "She says it's time for you to come home." He leans down and presses his lips to my forehead.

I groan and close my eyes.

"I'm too tired to move." I whine and open my eyes to look up at him.

He had a playful smile on his lips.

"Want me to carry you?" He laughs.

"Or you could get in bed with me and we can just lay here for a bit." I propose with a small smile.

He twist his lips slightly and gives me a pointed look.

"Please?" I bat my lashes and he smiles.

"Since you're so darn cute." He crawls over me and into the bed.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into him. I let out a sigh and close my eyes. At some point I began to run my fingers along his hands. Tracing the bones and veins in them that I could see.

You're going to go awol?

Kelsey's voice rang in my head.

Yeah, then try this whole being an actual person thing.

His reply echoed loudly in the perimeters of my brain causing my stomach to knot uncomfortable. I found myself gripping his and with mine.

I'm going to break up with her and leave soon after that.

His words were like stabs to my stomach. I gripped his hand tighter without realizing it.

"Hey you ok?" He murmurs and I slowly release my hold on him.

"Y-yeah." I choke out. "I-I'm fine, just a little paranoid." I take slowly deep breathes.

"It's ok, I promise I won't let anything happen to you ever again." He kissed the spot just behind my ear.

"Promise?" I lace our fingers, for which may be the first time ever.

My fingers fit nicely between his like a puzzle piece shaping together. This sends my heart into a happy flutter.

"I promise." He whispers and I close my eyes.

You're a nice girl Amelia. Don't get sucked into all this.

Find someone else. Someone better. Someone who won't get you killed.

I push the thoughts aside and turn to face him.

"If you ever left, like here, would you bring me with you?" I held on to his hand tight.

"You heard." His lips dropped into a small frown.

"No, no, I was just curious." I quickly back track.

"Amelia." He chides, like I was some little kid who didn't understand the meaning of no.

"Bryn I swear I didn't hear anything. I was just.....wondering ok. People leave without saying anything I just wanted to know if you'd bring me with you." I look down at our hands.

I wanted this. I wanted this for a long time. I could tell he did to. I just wasn't sure if he was fully committed like I was hoping he'd be.

"I'd take you with me on my search to find the edge of the world for you." He pressed his finger beneath my chin, tilting my head upwards. "Because when I do I want you to be there with me." He leaned in and brushed his nose against mine. "You do things to me I don't even understand. So if I ever went anywhere you'll be the first person I call to pack your things and run away with me." He whispers and I smile.