|| • Chapter 53 • ||

"So he's still in California, for now, so that's a good thing." Was the first thing Kelsey said while her laptop was loading.

"Ok, where?" I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"I have a hunch." She says and starts typing away on her computer.

Soon map of California shows up with two red dots on it. One on Bakersfield and the other on Fresno.

"What are those?" I pointed to the two dots.

"Where he was when he called us from unknown numbers." She tucked his hair behind his ear. "Both times he used pay phones." She tuck her hair behind her ears.

"So is he in Fresno then?" I looked back at her.

"There's something else I wanted to show you." She clicked a button and a bunch of green dots showed up on the map.

My heart lurched on my chest.

"Wh-what are those?" I felt a lump lodge it's way in my throat.

"Those are places where people say they've seen a man that fits his description." She explains. "But there's more."

"Oh god." I began to crack my knuckles, something I haven't done in a very long time.

She clicked the same button and some of the green dots turned blue. By some I mean two.

"And those?" I wrap my arms around my stomach.

"Are the only two places where he could be. His family owns a mansion in the Capitol and in Crescent City." She clicked the button once again and only one blue dot turned yellow.

The one on Sacramento.

"Since his phone calls were heading towards Sacramento I want to check there first. The only problem is I don't know exactly where their mansion is and I don't want to risk them leaving by asking around." She looks over at me.

"How would you risk it?" I stare at her confused.

"Well they aren't just his family, his family is just the inner circle. They have an outer circle and I don't know who's in it. I can't just go to Sacramento and ask where the Kellan Mansion is." She sighed.

"Kellan? I thought his last name was Way?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"It is, he takes after his fathers last name. The only other person who didn't immediately join his family when they decided to become a mafia." She replies.

"Ma-mafia?" I gulped and she nods her head. "Where is his father now?" I gripped my hands.

"Lets just say if he was here you wouldn't want to see his corpse." She closed her laptop and I gulped. "Just like Bryn they're professional killers Amelia." She turned to face me. "I'm going to bring Bryn back." She placed her hands on my shoulders.

I nod my head. "I believe you will." I nod my head again.

She pulls me towards her so my head rested on her shoulder. "You're strong Amelia. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." She muttered and I just closed my eyes.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • || • ||

"Again." Ant growled and I kicked my leg up, smacking my foot with the pad on his hand.

He took a step back and I did the same with my opposite foot.

"Again." He frowned, narrowed his eyes.