97th piece: Set of Keys

The song for this New Year chapter will be Broken by Anson Seabra. Please listen to this song because this is Gabriel Montessoro screaming from his core! You can listen to the song in the link above!

Am I broken?

Am I flawed?

Do I deserve a shred of worth or am I just another fake, fucked up lost cause?

And am I human?

Or am I something else?

'Coz I'm so scared and there's no one there to save me from the nightmare that I call myself

~ Anson Seabra

Gabriel Montessoro

It was the day for me to visit him. The room we were in was cold, tense and gray. My mom had her eyes glued to the man sitting a few feet away from us, her eyes cold and wrathful.

"Hello son. Good to see you again." The man whom I have called my father smiled at me with evil shadows marred on his face. He had a black eye, a bruised lip and was currently sporting a bandage on his right hand. My hands formed into fists as he taunted me by tilting his head side to side, challenging me to attack him. Mom instantly grabbed my arm and gave it a squeeze. I looked at her and she shook her head. It is not worth it. Don't do anything. I can feel her say what she wanted to say just by looking at me. I nodded at her before my gaze went back to my father. His hands were shackled in handcuffs and were bound into a metal bar attached in the middle of the table he was in.

"Please take a seat." He offered casually before he leaned back on his seat. We took our seats and one man stood behind him, watching every movement of his.

"Why do you hate me so much?" The one question that had been swimming inside my head whenever I thought about him came out of my mouth harshly. A flinch from him made me smile. Good. He still is human.

"Do you really want to know?" He leaned over to us, his expression hard.

"Yes so I will never have any question about you ever again." I replied. One second he just stared at me and the next he let out a loud laugh, closing his eyes as if he was enjoying this. I felt sick just looking at him now. How can I call him my father now? He shot me. He wished for me to die. He doesn't like me. He hates me. He joined one of the most notorious criminal circles in the world to take over my company and hurt me. All I ever wanted from him was to act like a normal father would, be proud of me and love me. But no! He was the opposite.

"Fine. Since I am here, why don't I hurt you one last time?" He smirked and mom shot up from his seat and glowered at him, her eyes shooting daggers at him.

"Don't you ever hurt him again! Do you understand? I will never let you hurt him again. You will rot in prison!"

"As if." He snorted and just smiled.

"You are a sadistic son of a bitch." I snarled at him. Even now that I was cursing at him, I still felt the pain of saying those words to him because I grew up thinking he will change; thinking he will eventually not be hard on me and be proud of my achievements...

"And you are a masochist." He shot back.

"I only want answers. Once I have them, you will never see me again. You will never worry about your son and the company again because you will only see metal bars of the prison you will be in!" I shouted angrily at him, rising to my seat and punching the table loudly. The guards took a step forward to us getting cautious of the tension rising between our family. The family I thought I would have forever. I guess it won't happen now. My faith for my father changing disappeared replaced by anguish and anger.