85th piece: The Drop

The song for this chapter is Capital Letters by Hailee Steinfeld ft. BloodPop. I love this song because it reflects so much to Cara's point of view. You can listen to the song linked above. I hope you like it. Enjoy this chapter!

Guess I never dared to know myself

Can my heart beat quiet? No

But then there was you

We put a crack in the shadows

And you tell me it's okay to be the light

And not to swim in the shallows

~ Hailee Steinfeld ft. BloodPop

<3

My heart was racing, thumping like crazy as the bass kicked and the crowd went wild. I was just behind Montessoro whom was currently playing in the main stage of one of the biggest and grandest music festivals. He jumped, joining with the beat as if they were one. It was amazing to see him this way. The way he controlled the crowd with his music was a sight to see. A wave of people jumping, dancing, swaying to the songs he produced. Seeing him now, I knew that he found what he wanted before. He found his passion. Music. And I found my way to be back to music because of him. Music gave me joy and hope before. Everything changed when mom died. I never sang again; not until Montessoro came back to my life. My heart tugged at the thought of him changing me for the better. He has changed me and my dad had told me that. He was glad Montessoro and I stitched up the patches we had created in our torn up lives. I'm glad he chased me and I'm glad he was stubborn as I was because if not, I don't think I'll be here with him, enjoying the music and the crowd. Montessoro's song, Bloodshed, which we recorded together with another male singer named GRiV who was famous for his baritone voice and sensual music. When I first met him, I was nervous thinking he might ask personal questions. He totally thought that my look right now was the real me. Our voices together blended perfectly. A few days before the festival, we launched it and people all around the world talked about me, the mysterious female singer. They only knew my name. I chose the name Lufian because it meant love and it had nice ring to it. I was worried at first that they won't like me but hearing them having positive feedback for the song and my singing, I was lighten up. I was so lucky to have Montessoro's makeup artists. They put an effort in finding the perfect look for me. They wanted me to have a contrast to Montessoro's dark looks so they decided for me to have an angelic look. It was ironic to have an angelic look when my soul was as dark as Montessoro's coat. I never told them that but I let them do their thing. They searched for the 'perfect', as Jaya had told me multiple times, perfect long blonde wig that will fit me. They had to tuck my natural hair into place so it won't be noticed. Then, they dyed the tips of the wig with pastel purple color and it was so cute, I gushed over it when Jo presented the wig to me. To avoid putting a lot of jewelry on my face just to put a mask on, we decided that I'll have sideswept bangs so it took a lot of their time just putting the wig on me and styling it to compliment my facial features. Next, they did my make- up and my mask. My mask was pearls glued on my temple, under my eyes and my cheeks shaped like wings. Adding some glitters around it made me look like a fairy. I loved it so much. They applied dark eyeshadows on me so it would give distinction into my eyes. And my eyes! Dio! They made me wear contacts. I have worn contacts before just for fun but this was serious business and these contact lenses were of blue color. They gave me a little bit of tan just to cover my natural skin. Montessoro was worried at first that people might recognize me because I won't wear a mask and a hood like him but with the great change I went through, I think no one will notice I'm Caralei. My outfit was simple and dainty. I wore a white tube top making Montessoro argue with his stylists.