70th piece: Soprano

Carry You Home by Tiёsto ft. Stargate & Aloe Blacc is the song for this chapter. Play it so you can have the 'feels' of Gabriel for this chapter.

There is no truer truth obtainable

By Man than comes of music.

~ Robert Browning

Gabriel

"I have been very curious about this scene I have witnessed concerning Caralei." The concern grew bigger and deeper in me as I recalled the moment Caralei had an anxiety attack.

"She thought her dad told me something I still don't know about but I know that it's their secret. She began to panic and then she had an anxiety attack." I told them and I saw sadness in their expressions.

"Did she faint?" Em's voice was low and was laced with concern for her best friend.

"Yes. We have to call the doctor and took her home. There, the doctor treated her. I was confused as to why her dad didn't let me take her to the hospital and I'm still thinking about the way she panicked." Matt sighed. He leaned over and looked at me in the eye.

"Did she talk to you about it?"

"Yes."

"Good. That's good." Matt spoke before Em butted in.

"I thought she kicked you out." E smirked.

"No. She explained it to me and promised me that she'll tell me everything." It still hurts remembering the tears streaming down her face and knowing that she's suffering inside.

"Really? She told you that?" Their eyes were wide in surprise.

"Yes."

"Wow. That's- That's great, Gabriel. You're making her better!" Matt beamed and Em agreed. I can't help but smile. The doctor did tell us that I was making her better and I will damn well treat her well and make her in her best self.

"Okay then." They breathed the words out and they were still smiling.

"I believe you have a lady to find, tonight." Em winked. Okay. That's a progress. Caralei's best friend was not throwing daggers at me.

"I don't know where to find her. Do you have any contact with her bodyguards?"

"Yep. Here." She took her cellphone, tapped on the screen a few times before giving it to me. When I had saved the guard's number, I gave her phone back.

"I will call and ask where she is. Then I'll tell them that you're coming."

"Thank you." She called and began to talk over the phone. After a minute, she bade goodbye and ended it. she quickly gave me the address of the bar she was in and I thanked them both for their enlightening advices before leaving. Edmond was already waiting for me outside when I got out and we quickly sped off once I got inside the car.

"Here we are, sir." Edmond pulled over.

"Wait for me." I ordered before I got out of the car. I can already hear the bass blaring out of the speakers. The bar was painted black outside with red neon lights highlighting the name of the bar; Colombo. I texted the guard that I was here and in a second, a man more muscular than me exited the club. His beady eyes settled to mine and he gestured for me to follow him. The energy of the bar hit me like a wave upon entering and I saw people in all ages either drinking, dancing, chilling or talking to others. The guard took me to a red booth at a corner and opened the door for me.