73rd piece: Practice

I miss you, a blink- 182 cover of gnash is the song for this piece. Hope you like it.

Hello there. The angel from my nightmare.

~ blink- 182

Caralei

Weeks. Yes, it took weeks trying to compose myself without hyperventilating for I don't have the courage to retell the story that made me have nightmares. Weeks it took me for the nightmares came back and everytime I have them, they become more real and more terrifying. I haven't slept well for weeks now and I was becoming weak. My body cannot cope up dealing with my work then having nightmares plus worrying about what will Montessoro do. And him? He's still trying to reach out to me with his calls, messages and emails. I would respond that I was busy, or I use the advantage of being the new CEO. I have been traveling to meet other partners and colleagues trying to take the problem off my mind for a few hours. He had been sending me flowers in different kinds everyday without fail with his heart melting handwritten notes tucked inside the bouquets. My room was full of flowers and it cheered me up just smelling and seeing how he has not forgotten or given up on me. I tell him to have patience with me, trying to explain how it's not easy. I knew to myself I was high maintenance when it came to relationships. I demand attention and my anxiety attacks require a lot of understanding for people to cope up with. I have been listening to his songs missing him and whenever he called, he would always say he was there for me and he didn't dare touch the sensitive subject for he knew I was still raw. I was falling for him more now that I have seen him make efforts even if we don't see each other. Sometimes, I could see him from my window in my new office staring up at my floor. I was touched by that. Sometimes, he will not come and I see him on the news performing on stage with his latest single Bloodshed. It was a beautiful song and it touched my heart deeply. Did he write the song about me? I don't know but just thinking about it made me smile. As the weeks pass by, I have begun earning the courage to tell my dark story. I practiced everyday in my office during free time and in the house. I was tired keeping it up to myself. I only have to have courage. More vivid nightmares came the more I practiced. Last night, I only had two hours of sleep and I don't know what else to do. I don't want to disturb or worry my father anymore with my problem so I tried my best to not concern him with my state. He would check up on me from time to time and I will tell him I was just tired. He made me go to sleep and after two hours, I finally succumbed into the darkness.

"Wake up! Wake up!" Someone patted my thighs and I stirred awake my eyes feeling heavy with all of my crying.

"Get up!" He whispered kissing my forehead. I was disgusted with what he has done.

"Wh-why?" He tugged my hand hard making me get out of bed. I grabbed the sheets covering myself. He then, gave me a dress shirt and boxers.

"Your dad is coming. Wear these." Hearing him mention my dad made me dress quickly and I began to worry. He shouldn't be here. He'll die. When he saw that I had changed, he grabbed my arm and dragged me outside of his bedroom. Before I can fully scan the area, someone put a blindfold on me. I relied on my senses but I was getting none. Only the cold touch of the tiled floor and the shuffling noises around me. I was then carried after a few minutes and was loaded inside a car. The smell of cigarette made me cough and it hurt my stomach and chest. Ugh. What's gonna happen? The ride was silent and I can feel the man who was responsible for all of this grip my hand tight to the point it hurt. Tom carried me again when we unloaded the car and I can feel us enter a building for it became suddenly hot.

"Where are we?" I asked but no one answered. Instead, he put me down and I felt rough cement on my feet.

"Keep on walking. We're almost there." He guided me through the building.