11th piece: Rinforzando

Phoebe Ryan's song Dead is the song for this chapter. Play in the link above.

A man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for? ~ Stuart Rogers

Gabriel

She started counting! Shit! One number and it meant something that made me happy. She was blushing making her more beautiful and it even made me even happier that her cute reaction was because of what's happening between us. It gave me damn satisfaction with everything right now.

"Don't get your hopes up." She blushed even more as she gave her warning and it made me laugh.

"Okay, tiger." She raised her brow at my nickname for her. She was trying to stop her smile but I won't let her. I didn't let her go, my hands wrapped around her waist while we looked at each other. From the looks of her, she was reading me with her keen eyes. I, however, can' determine what she felt except her reddish face. She was good at hiding what she felt and it lured me to break that mask off her face.

"Caralei. Gabriel." We both jumped at Mr. Romano's voice. He was standing at the doorway with his expression telling us to explain what we were doing. I let Caralei go and cleared my throat while Caralei stood in her position frozen with her eyes wide.

"Hello Mr. Romano." I greeted him and he raised a brow at me a little then he crossed his arms across his chest. I took off my glasses and put it on the side pocket of my white coat. Caralei turned around and she looked like she was caught doing something naughty.

"Hi Dad. What are you doing here?" She asked her dad with an embarrassed smile.

"Well, I want to check you but it seems that you are occupied at the moment." He replied to her daughter then he shot me a look. I shifted from where I stood as his gaze shoot lasers at me. Shit!

"No, Dad. Uhm... Montessoro is here to help me with our project." Caralei explained and Mr. Romano smirked a little at me and his smirk looked like he was amused.

"Really?"

"Yes, Dad. Look, we found the problem." Caralei smiled at her dad while she pointed at the microscope where a part of the project was there. He walked over to the table where the microscope was. He shot me a growing smile of gratification. I felt something strange about that and I cleared my throat again. I sent him a nod as he took a look at the wires.

"Sabotage?" It seemed more of a question than a statement to me.

"Yes sir. Someone purposely cut those wires." I replied and he sighed before he straightened and rubbed his forehead.

"I'll go check it. I'll handle this. Good job to you too. Thank you, Gabriel." e He said He said and he patted my shoulders. The gesture made me uncomfortable since I was not used to it and I gave him a nod again while I saw Caralei smiling.

"No problem sir." I told him and he smiled at me.

"You seem to be an expert about this. I thought you took business."

"I studied in MIT after I took business, sir." I explained myself and my statement surprised Mr. Romano. Even Caralei can't hide the fact that she was surprised by me. I gave them a shy smile.

"Wow! I never thought of that. Good job, Gabriel." David spoke and patted me again but this time, my back. I looked at Caralei and she was smiling, her sweetness shooting arrows in my chest. Damn, but even her smile can kill.

"Wow. You entered there for you to know your industry, yes?" Caralei was still smiling with her eyes sparkling with high regard.

"Yes. I want to know everything about my company." I told them and they both nodded at me.