31st piece: Whole Note

Stay With Me by Sam Smith! Who likes this song? You can play it in the link above.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

~ Berthold Auerbach

Gabriel

It fucking hurt. Why did it hurt so much? I never expected for her to push me away but it shouldn't be a surprise that she reacted that way when we faced her close friend. The way he looked at me when I had my arm around her was a living proof that he did have feelings other than friendship for her. My suspicions were correct. I sat down on the seat that was reserved for me. I was the only one in the table so I enjoyed the solitude. It was one of my monsters; loneliness. I always craved for someone who's going to be permanent in my life. My friends were always there but I want the company that's always there, spending time with me like a partner in crime. I wanted that with Caralei but I think that's not going to happen. I sighed again fully frustrated of myself. I swirled the glass creating a whirlpool of red sweetness I wanted to drown into. My mood was getting darker and darker as the minutes passed by. I scanned my surrounding looking for the red- haired woman but she was nowhere in sight. Where were they? I downed the rest of the content of my glass before slamming it back down the table. I stood up, straightened my clothes and walked towards where the pool was. As I walked, countless gazes darted at me. I glanced at those who looked at me and saw that mostly were women. I looked back to where I was going. If only that's how easy I can steal Caralei's gaze, I thought. Damn it! I walked faster and when the cold air blew on my face, I took a deep breath relaxing. I just stood outside for a few minutes comforted by the silence and the isolation. Sometimes, these were the two things I needed. But then, Caralei came back on my mind and my mood went bitter again. She was the only person that can make me happy then sad the next. As I tilted my head up, I closed my eyes with a sigh of infuriation. I shouldn't have so much hope that I will have Cara at the end of the line but I can't help it. She's an incredible and beautiful. She can choose whoever she wants. There are so many out there that's better than me. I was starting to think that she has a better life without me. After all, I have a fucked up life. Who needs that kind of partner? Fuck but many have their eyes on her. However, she looked like she doesn't care if they eye her like a forbidden fruit they want to taste. As negativity attacked me, someone tapped my shoulder. I instantly have the image of Caralei in my mind. I turned around immediately and my expectation deflated in just the blink of an eye.

"Good evening. Can I help you?" I asked to the woman who was standing in front of me. She was a foot shorter than me and her body was an hourglass shape. Her skin olive, her hair was kind of brown with some blonde in some parts, her eyes black, nose long and narrow and her full lips like Caralei's painted with red. She was smiling at me wickedly with her eyes scanning me up and down. I knew right then that she wanted something and I don't want to entertain her in that way.

"I just saw you when I came here and you looked tired." Tired was not the term I was looking for. Disappointment perhaps was a better word.

"Are you okay?" She asked when I didn't reply. She's trying to make a conversation between us. She touched my arm and I smiled at her before stepping back.

"I'm fine. Thank you for asking. Just wanted to clear my head out. I'll be going now. My date is waiting for me." I gave her a smile. I was about to walk away when her confused look made me curious.

"Your date? Who? Your dad didn't tell me you are dating someone" That concerned me and I put my hands in the pockets of my pants with my thumbs stuck out.

"What did my father tell you?" Who was she for him to tell her about this anyway?

"Tell me who you are with tonight first." She demanded.